Medical Advice on "HIV/AIDS specialist"

Dr. Atishay  Bukharia
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If the condom was intact, then there is nothing to worry. Nevertheless, you can go for HIV testing at four weeks ... View thread »

Dr. Jyotisterna   Mittal
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query in detail. Early symptoms of HIV (flu like symptoms) usually appear after two weeks of HIV infection. The symptoms of swollen lymph nodes, fever, pain behind ears or legs can be no way attributed ... View thread »

Dr. Meha  Malhotra
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly pre-existing lesion of herpes or any genital ulcer on the penis during sexual intercourse or oral sex increases the chances of HIV transmission. Your blood report came positive for Herpes 1 and 2. Herpes 1 mostly ... View thread »

Dr. Kakkar S
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. HIV RNA PCR test is accurate after 9 to 13 days after the risk exposure. It can be used to detect early infection with HIV when most other screening tests are not yet reliable. However, it is not a confirmatory test and ... View thread »

Dr. Kiran Anaparthi
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As I can see that the episode is recent in time, I would suggest you use post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP) as early as possible within 72 hours of exposure. The chances of HIV transmission are related to the status of your ... View thread »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The answers to your queries are: For PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) efficacy, adherence to the medications prescribed for PEP is the most important thing. PEP is really efficacious, To the best of my clinical practice, ... View thread »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For condoms to be effective, it has to be a latex condom used consistently and correctively and a newer condom for each sexual act. There should not be any break or it should not have slipped off during the act. If all ... View thread »

Dr. Sushma  Shah
Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You go for the required test every time. All times all the test are negative. No more tests are available. When all the above-mentioned tests are negative, there is no meaning of the p24 test. Sometimes the virus ... View thread »

Dr. Kiran Anaparthi
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Never use two condoms, and there are higher chances of having a slippage. Protected sexual activity shows a reduced chance to have HIV. The rates of transmission stand at 1 in 10000 sexual activity. So, you have a less ... View thread »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva
Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The tests available for HIV diagnosis are highly sensitive and specific and gives accurate results. Majority of the people who are infected with HIV develop HIV antibodies by two to eight weeks. Approximately, up to 5 % ... View thread »