Q. I have small red spots on penis under the foreskin. Kindly suggest a solution.

Answered by
Dr. Snehal Laul
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 29, 2020

Hello doctor,

I am a 27-year-old. I am having an increasing number of red spots on my penis under the foreskin. The spots itself are not causing any symptoms. Before two weeks, I had unprotected sex and swallowing difficulties.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

Use Fucidin cream twice daily for seven days (in the morning and evening), Candid cream at night for seven days (on red spots).

Take tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg at night for seven days.

Is there any history of atopy or allergy such as allergic to soap? Do you scratch or rub the lesion often? Did you pop or prick a pus-filled lesion? Do you have a fever? Have you used lubrication during masturbation? Have you experienced burning micturition or increased frequency of urination or urethral discharge?

Please answer the questions to rule out possible causes.

Thank you doctor,

No history of allergy. I do not have itchiness. As far as I remember, I have never scratched, no popping or pricking. It is a raised shiny lesion and I do not think it is pus-filled.

No fever until now and no lubricant use. I do not do regular masturbation. I had burning urination before a week for two to three days. Otherwise, frequency is normal, and no discharge. Can you tell me what the probable diagnosis is?



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

Urinary tract infection (UTI) is present. Take tablet Zifi (Cefixime) 200 mg twice daily for five days or tablet Ciplox 500 mg daily for five days.

Use Candid cream at night and Fucidin cream twice daily for seven days (on lesions).

Do urine culture. Urine routine/microscopy should be done to rule out possible STI (sexually transmitted infection).

Maintain proper genital hygiene.

Avoid sex until healing of lesions.

Use condoms.

Wash genitals after sexual intercourse.

Use non-soap mild/neutral cleanser like no soap cleanser, Episoft cleanser, or Cetaphil cleanser to clean genitals.

Avoid scratching or rubbing lesions as it may cause secondary bacterial infection.

Revert with all STI panel and urine culture reports.

Was this answer helpful?



This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Is UTI contagious?

Query: Hi doctor, A few days ago I was diagnosed with UTI infection. I was put on antibiotics, and the ER doctor sent my urine for a culture. My doctor told me that Klebsiella pneumoniae is present in my urine culture and referred me to a specialist. What does it mean? I am 23 years old and sexually active...  Read Full »

What is the medication to be used for balanitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I got balanitis. Which cream should I buy? I had sex five weeks ago without protection. Painful peeing lasts for two years but not as strong as this time. Sores came out after having unprotected sex.  Read Full »

Are itching,burning sensation and mild tenderness of penis the symptoms of herpes?

Query: Hello doctor, I had vaginal sexual intercourse two weeks ago. A week later I experienced some on and off itching sensation on the glans of the penis and have been experiencing a mild burning sensation and feeling tender on the glans in the last few days. Yesterday I noticed a tiny red spot on the ...  Read Full »

Also Read

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Venereologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.