Q. My eyes are red and warm. What could this be?

Dr. K K Agrawal
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 04, 2014 and last reviewed on: Nov 14, 2018

My eyes are red and warm since the last four days. I wear spectacles. What could this be?

#

You may be suffering from conjunctivitis or some other eye infection or it might be some allergy which is common.

You should wash your eyes with warm water mixed with a pinch of salt (similar to one prepared for gargling, but with lesser salt). Do this every two to three hours for three to four times in 12 hours. If redness is reduced, then most probably you have conjunctivitis.

In any case, you should consult an ophthalmologist personally for a checkup, as redness and warmth may mean a lot of things and can be diagnosed better with a thorough examination.

Follow up with an eye care ophthalmologist online for further help --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|