I smoke weed. Kindly help me to get rid of the habit.

Q. I have relationship issues, and I smoke weed. Please help.

Answered by
Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
and medically reviewed by Dr.Sowmiya
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 08, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 25, 2023

Hi doctor,

I do not trust girls. I have had relationship issues, as I was betrayed by the girl I love. I also have a weed problem, and I am a dropout from college. Please help me get over these issues.



Welcome to icliniq.com.

This is more of a generalized thought that all the girls are not trustworthy just because a girl betrayed you. You are taking weed. Please specify the duration and daily dose. You need a help of a psychiatrist, as a thorough evaluation is necessary to plan a regime to help you out.

Hi doctor,

Thanks for your reply. Firstly, I have seen good relationships broken up by two-faced girls. That is the reason I do not trust girls apart from my mother. I consume 10 grams of weed per day. Thirdly, my family is conservative, and I have a family business to run. So, I dropped out, and my family did not know.



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

It may be true that a two-faced person breaks few relationships, but it is also true that many more relationships are maintained by the people who are faithful to each other. So, we cannot generalize these things. You may meet a girl who is reliable and loves you. If you doubt each of them, it becomes very difficult to get a new relationship. You use weed around 10 grams, which is not too much that you cannot stop without facing many withdrawal symptoms. Weed withdrawal symptoms are primarily psychological, not physical ones, so that you can control them by today itself. You have to keep your family in your confidence and tell them to support you in the process of quitting the weed if you desire to do so. Sometimes, weed consumption can cause paranoid symptoms, and long-term use can cause poor motivation. While you are withdrawing from weed and face psychological symptoms, you can use the SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) group of drugs and Benzodiazepine on a required basis. Regards.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
What precautions need to be taken to prevent HIV and AIDS?

.. HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) is acquired mainly through either unprotected sex with an HIV-infected individual or through sharing of needles as in injection drug abusers (IDUs) and accidentally through needle-stick injury in a healthcare professi   Read full

Thoughts about my breakup haunt me and I feel lonely. Please help.

SSRIs (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) like Escitalopram and Sertraline will help you in early recovery ...   Read full

Is it safe to exercise if I do not have structural heart problems?

.. safe as you do not have any structural heart disease. Just keep observing if PVC (premature ventricular contractions) increases after exercise. Alcohol tends to increase PVC and bigeminy. So, you will need to avoid it.   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

PCOS and Liver Problems
The hormonal imbalances in polycystic ovary syndrome could cause liver diseases. Read the article to know the relationship between these medical conditions.  Read more»
Inferior Alveolar Nerve Lateralization Technique
The inferior alveolar nerve lateralization technique is a surgical lateralization technique to reposition the nerve. Read the article to know more about this.  Read more»
COVID-19 and Ebola: Similarities and Differences
This article gives a comparison and broader overview of the outbreak of the two deadliest diseases that showed a greater incidence over the last two decades.  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Psychiatrist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.