Q. Is it safe to take Xeljanz for rheumatoid arthritis?

Dr. Divya Agarwal

I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, and my doctor advised to take Xeljanz, as it has no side effects. Is it true? It is very expensive. I want to take a second opinion on the medicine. How safe is it to take?

#

• Yes, it is a very good option for rheumatoid arthritis. However, every medicine has its side effects.
  • It is recommended to start with the time-tested DMARDs (disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs) like Methotrexate and sometimes, even combination of DMARDs.
  • If they fail or fail to achieve the desired effect, then Xeljanz (Tofacitinib) or other biological therapy can be considered.

For more information consult a rheumatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/rheumatologist

|