Q. I have a very slight rocking movement in the body. What does this mean?

Dr. Divakara P
Published on Dec 11, 2019

I have noticed that my body rocks back and forth very very slightly. I was using my laptop and had my finger resting when I felt my finger moving back and forth barely noticeable by eye unless you were looking for it. I looked at my finger and I see it moving slightly back and forth and then noticed a very weird feeling of me rocking but barely noticeable. I uncrossed my legs and still felt like I was rocking. I am not leaning against something and not it is just my head rocking. What does this mean? I am currently on Lamotrigine 50 mg daily.

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pain Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

First of all, we need to make sure whether this rocking movement is happening, or it is just your feeling. So I advise you to ask someone to observe you and confirm whether that kind of movement is happening or not. If it is confirmed that the rocking movement is there, it indicates that there is some problem in your brain (cerebellum). It could also be due to the side effects of Lamotrigine.

You have two options:

1. Either discuss with your doctor and ask for an alternative to Lamotrigine. If your symptoms disappear two weeks after stopping Lamotrigine, then it means your problem was due to the side effect of Lamotrigine.

2. Get MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) brain and revert back with the report.

There is a white mass above my teeth in MRI. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a brain MRI nine months ago. The report came back completely normal. I decided to look at the images last night and I noticed this bright white mass above my teeth. Either the mass is near my teeth or in my sinuses. I am worried that I have a tumor growing and it was looked over...  Read Full »

Musculoskeletal Disorder Commonly Found in Homemakers

Article Overview: This article discusses scapular dyskinesis or SICK scapula, one of the cause of vague arm pain, especially seen in homemakers.  Read Article

Dr. Tanushree Agarwal

Have you heard your mother complaining of a typical vague pain in her arm? There are many reasons behind it, but one of the commonest is Scapular Dyskinesis or SICK Scapula. This mimics many types of pain in the shoulder and neck. The scapulothoracic muscles are the group of muscles which form the m...  Read Article

Pregnancy and Birth

Article Overview: Pregnancy is the time taken for a fetus to develop inside a woman’s womb. Sometimes, if more than one embryo develops inside the uterus at the same time, it is known as a multiple pregnancy.  Read Article

Dr. Shruti Kainth Kaushal

Overview: Pregnancy is the time taken for a fetus to develop inside a woman’s womb. Sometimes, if more than one embryo develops inside the uterus at the same time, it is known as a multiple pregnancy. It typically lasts for 40 weeks from the last menstrual period (LMP). A woman can get pregna...  Read Article