Q. I have pain under my right rib. Is it due to drinking alcohol?

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

I am an 18 year old male, and I weigh 90 kg and 178 cm tall. I have pain under my right rib, and it hurts while breathing. I hope it is not liver related from alcohol. I had two drinks in the last few days, but those are the only drinks I have ever had.

#

• It does not seem to be related to alcohol drinking as per your history, as two drinks do not make much of a change with the anatomy of the liver. It is probably suggestive of muscle related problem.
  • It might be myalgia or cellulitis. I suggest you get a liver function test to be sure.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

How to get someone to stop taking alcohol forever?

Query: Hello doctor,My husband takes too much alcohol daily. I want him to stop alcohol forever. About one week before, we have done a health checkup. His SGPT level has increased by 108. What should I do now?  Read Full »

Are high sugar and raised liver enzymes side effects of Protonix?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been taking Protonix for almost three weeks for acid reflux. I had some blood laboratory work done and it showed my AST 812 and ALT 1,115. Could this be a rare side effect of Protonix? My glucose also went up to 192 and lipase is 72. I do not drink, smoke or use drugs...  Read Full »

My heart beats fast and eyes become red if I drink alcohol. Is there a treatment?

Query: Hello doctor,My heartbeat raises and the eyes become very red and I become tired when I take alcohol. Why does this happen so? And, what is the treatment?  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»