Q. There is ringing sound in the ear. Is something wrong?

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

I examined my right and left ear with an endoscope camera and I have found that my right ear looks different. I have less hearing power in my right ear on comparing to my left ear and I am wondering that there is something wrong with my right ear. I am hearing some ringing sounds in my right ear for a few years now.

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

I have gone through the pictures given (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

This white patch in your right eardrum is known as tympanosclerosis. This is a condensation of calcium on the eardrum. It is a slowly progressive process and till now there is no approved treatment. Do not get worried about the condition that it is dangerous.

But, I need to go through some investigations to complete the diagnosis. We need tympanometry to asses the middle ear and its ossicles. Also, we need audiometry to have an idea about vestibulocochlear nerves and the type of hearing loss, whether it is conductive or mixed (conductive and sensorineural).

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|