Q. I have ringworm on left side of my stomach. Will it spread to other parts of the body?

I think I may have ringworm. It is located on the left side of my stomach (almost hip). I have tried putting Clotrimozol and Daktarin on it. I am afraid that it may spread to other parts of my body. Please help.

#

How long it has been there? What are the symptoms of it? Any other area affected? Any other family members affected? Any history of hypertension, diabetes mellitus, or thyroid disorder? Any known drug reaction?

Looking forward to your response in order to help you.

It has been there for about 1 week and it is itchy. No other areas affected still now and none of my family members are affected.

No history of hypertension, diabetes, or thyroid disorder, and no known drug reaction.

#

Yes, it is going in favor of tinea corporis, you may take the following medications and revert back to me in three weeks.

Take capsule Syntran (Itraconazole) 100 mg twice daily for three weeks, tablet Teczine M (Levocetirizine and Montelukast) once daily at night for three weeks, Nailrox (Ciclopirox) cream at night, and Zimig (Terbinafine hydrochloride) cream in the day time.

Avoid touching the lesion as it may spread to other places by fingers. You need to wash the clothes under boiling water which came in contact with the disease in order to eradicate it permanently.

|