Q. I have red spots on my hips, lower abdomen, and arms without any symptoms. Kindly help.

Dr. Abdel Hakam Soliman

I have some red spots on my hips, lower abdomen, left arm (smaller), and a single large spot on my left leg. They have been there for a long time (months), and they do not seem to go away. I tried to apply a Fluticasone propionate 0.05% cream twice a day for one week, but it did not have any effect. I do not have any itch or pain caused by them. I will attach some photos taken in the direct light. Please let me know what could be and how I could get rid of them.

#

Is there anyone else in your family affected by the same?

No, they are only in the mentioned areas, and nobody else in my family has this.

#

I think it is scabies, an infectious disease that is completely curable in a few days. Apply Permethrin 5% (ointment or lotion) topically for the whole body except for the face and the scalp, to be applied as a very thin layer, once at bedtime for one week.

All clothes, linens, towels, and covers should be boiled. Take Desloratadine tablet orally once daily for one week. It will be alright.

|