Q. How to treat a red dry skin on the scrotum?

Dr. Gaurang Gupta
Published on Jan 10, 2018 and last reviewed on: Jun 11, 2019

I found a red dry skin on my scrotum today. What is is? Is it dangerous? How can I treat it? I am still a virgin. I have attached the pictures of the dry skin.

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetology Dermatology Hair Transplant Surgeon Venereology
#

I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It looks like scrotal dermatitis. Try doing the following.

1. If it is itching, I suggest you take tablet Teczine (Levocetirizine hydrochloride) 10 mg, once in the night for a month.
  2. Also, mix equal amounts of HH Sone (Mometasone) cream and Dermadew aloe lotion, and apply it on the dry skin.
  3. Do not use soap or shampoo over this area, as chemicals may further worsen it.
  4. Keep the area dry.
  5. Take multivitamin A to Z daily, once daily for a month.

Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking medicines after their consent.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me if it is dangerous? And what are the causes for scrotal dermatitis? I have added new pictures, please take a look.

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

#

I have seen the new pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) also.

• No, it is not dangerous. But, sometimes it becomes chronic.
  • So, keep it moisturized by applying cream, and avoid soap.
  • It happens due to dryness and chemical exposure. Do not worry, follow the treatment for 2 to 3 weeks, and you will see a difference.

What Is The Reason For Severe Itch In Genitals And The Surrounding Area?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old. I am suffering from itching genitalia for over 5-6 years and the severity would range from low to medium. It is mostly due to sweating in that area. I used to apply itch guard for a few days and it used to get fine. Now, over four to five months I have severe itching o...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sidharth Sonthalia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem seems to have lingered on to become a chronic hyperkeratotic scrotal eczema. This is a result of your hyperallergic tendency, constant scratching, sweat induced maceration and intermittent but incomplete treatments with suboptimal medicines. As of now a...  Read Full

I always have an urge to pee after mastubration. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old male. Sometimes, after masturbation I feel urge to urinate regularly after every minute even though there is very less urine. Also I feel pain, some pricking and irritation feel while urinating. Sometimes, even without masturbation same problem occurs. Please advise me ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Bharat Udey
Geriatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is quite normal to feel an urge to micturate after having coitus or masturbation. However, having pain and prickling sensation while urination is not normal. It suggests that you might have an underlying urinary tract infection. Most common mode of contracting UTI is h...  Read Full

I am having scrotum itching. Kindly advise what has to be done.

Query: Hello doctor,I have been suffering from groin fungal infection for a long time. It had healed six months ago by Onabet and some anti-fungal pills, but now it is back. This time it is scrotum itching. Also, on the penis. There are small dots on the penis and the top is red and a bit swelled up, maybe...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sreelakshmi S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. From your description and clinical pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that your symptoms are due to a condition called the scrotal dermatitis. The cause is multifactorial. It may be due to irritation from c...  Read Full