Q. What could be the hard object under my penis and glans that leaks a smelly white substance?

Dr. Samer Samer Juma Ali Altawil

I have a hard poky object under my penis and the glans before several years. It never bothered me, so I did not do any treatment. But a couple of days ago, I had some soreness in that spot. After further inspection, I discovered that the object was a little enlarged. When the doctor tried to push the object out, a hole was created, and a smelly white substance was drained from it, which I assume was smegma. The inside of the skin is itchy.

Please help.

#

This is a sebaceous cyst that got burst. The cyst is formed from the accumulation of sebum, and it got ruptured in your case. So, I suggest you clean all the discharge and keep the area dry and clean. If it reoccurs, then surgical excision is needed.

Kindly take tablet Augmentine 625 mg (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) twice daily for one week.

I hope it will resolve and you do not require excision.

Kind regards.

Thanks for the reply.

Can you tell me about stitch tunnels? I read something about holes left behind as the skin heals before the sutures dissolve. I have a couple of holes next to the cyst, releasing the white smelly substance.

Thanks.

#

Stitch tunnel is called foreign body granuloma. It results from a reaction against the suture and causes the death of tissues surrounding the suture with pus discharge.

Even if those sutures are resorbable, you should remove them to eliminate the chances of further infection.

Kind regards.

|