Q. How to increase sperm count?

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 06, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 30, 2020

My semen result is as follows: Volume 2 mL, pearly white in color and viscous, 30 minutes liquefaction time, 20 millions/mL sperm count, 45% motility, normal morphology 70% and abnormal morphology 30%. Is there any issue with my semen report? Is there any abnormality that will lead to problem in having a baby? How to increase sperm count? Currently, I am using Addyzoa tablet under doctor prescription.

#

• Your semen analysis report is normal and in my opinion, there is no need to worry.
  • The sperm count is 20 million/mL, which though is low, but in the normal range.
  • Morphology, motility and liquefaction time are also normal. I do not find this report has any issue in getting a baby.
  • I suggest Speman can be used to increase sperm count. This will also increase total motile sperms concentration and chances of fertility.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Could you please give me the details of Speman? How to use it?

#

• The minimum dose is one tablet twice a day. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and get the dosage altered accordingly. Take the medicine after meals with water.

| 

Would my low sperm count have an adverse effect on IVF and ICSI?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 39-year-old male with a low sperm count of 1.9 million. My blood work shows that I have a high FSH. Our doctor highly suggested that I get genetic testing done before we proceed with an IVF or an ICSI. I would like to know why he would suggest that.  Read Full »

Why am I not able to maintain erection for a long time?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29-year-old male. Recently, I got married and tried having sex with my wife two days ago. It was my first time and I got discharged during foreplay only and could not achieve erection throughout that night. Even when I got an erection, I tried penetration but just lost erection du...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask a Sexologist Now