Q. I am trying for a baby. Kindly interpret my sperm analysis report?

Dr. Raveendran Sr

I am a 38-year-old male. I am healthy and no problem with my sexual life. We had problems conceiving. I tried for the last three to four months but failed. So I recently had my sperm analysis. Kindly explain my report.

I also have acid reflux for a few years. I drink a lot of water at night, and getting up two to three times at night has been normal for me for the past five years. But each time I went to the restroom, my bladder was usually full. Recently, I get frequent urge to urinate at nights, though my bladder was not full enough. I am getting up 10 times at night time to urinate. Sometimes I feel a little pain and difficulty during urination. Please help.

#

Your report looks normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). No need to worry.

Are you on any continuous medication? If you are not on any medication. You can use tablet Carni q twice daily after food, tablet Ascazin 50 mg twice a day after food for 30 days. It is just a vitamin medication to enhance the quality of semen.

I have a few questions. Do I need a prescription to get tablet Carni q and Ascazin 50 mg? Should I both of them for 30 days? According to some websites, if pH is more than 7.2-8.0, there is a possibility of infection. Is that true? Also, please be more specific about my results. Percentage shows 43%. What should it be? Progression score shows 2. Should it not be 4? Viscosity 0, is it normal?

I did not understand G2/G3 (below major defect). What are those? I feel little pain sometimes when I urinate. Is it normal? And I had an urge to urinate. Is this symptom of prostatitis?

#

It is not mandatory, but these medicines help in conception. If you are going to order online, you need a prescription for these medicines. Our customer care will help you regarding the prescription.

One of the ways to find infection is pH. Some will have pH 8 without infection. So it is not the diagnostic way. Doing a urine culture can help to diagnose urine infection.

Different labs use different criteria regarding your doctor request. You have adequate sperm and good motility. More than 40% of motile sperms are enough for conception.

|