Q. Why is there a hole at the top of wisdom tooth?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

On one of the molar bumps of a wisdom tooth, there is a fade to white with a hole at the top that is not discolored at all. It almost looks like an animated drawing of a volcano. What is this? Could it be a cavity and if so how can you tell whether it is or is not reversible?

#

I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern. It is mostly reversible (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and depends upon your oral higeine. We can arrest the carries at till this stage only on the smooth surface because the plaque does not get accumulated on it. For that fluoridated tooth paste is sufficient. In your case, we cannot arrest it only by using fluoride supplements because there is a shallow depression. So you have to get it filled. Make sure there must not be any high point after filling. So you need to visit a nearest dentist to get it filled, there is nothing to worry about. Your oral hygiene is good and I think this had happened because of the malocclusion of this cusp in relation with the upper one. It is getting too long and we have to manage time too.

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

My Teeth Are Yellow.Is Scaling Only A Temporary Process To Clean The Teeth?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am 19 years old. My teeth are yellow from childhood (from 10 years of age). A black layer is formed at the backside of teeth. When I see my teeth it seems very dirty and too much of creamy layer is formed on my teeth especially in lower canines and lower incisors. In the lower teeth...  Read Full »

What treatment will help sensitive tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having sensitivity in the upper right tooth. There is no ditch or cavity but I feel the sensitivity while eating sweets. What could be the treatment option for it?  Read Full »

How to keep breath fresh all day?

Query: Hello doctor, I do not have any dental issues. I have been getting regular dental checks. How do I keep my breath fresh all day?  Read Full »