Q. Please tell me the treatment for cavities in teeth.

Dr. Gaurav Pandey
Published on Sep 11, 2019

I am suffering from cavities since childhood. And have got four teeth removed by the dentist. My age is 25 years old. What suitable treatment should I take for cavities?

#

To avoid dental caries, the most effective thing is proper oral hygiene. It means brush two times a day using floss, clean your tongue in a proper way. After that, we come to the treatment part. The best thing when you see a single black dot in your tooth, see your dentist without delay, in the initial stage of cavity your dentist can remove it and fill it with tooth color material. This is the best cheap and painless way. But if you have an old and deep cavity in your teeth then your dentist will take a dental X-ray and could advise you for a root canal treatment followed by dental crown. These are ways to save your natural teeth against cavity. So always care your teeth and routine dental checkup.

What treatment will help sensitive tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having sensitivity in the upper right tooth. There is no ditch or cavity but I feel the sensitivity while eating sweets. What could be the treatment option for it?  Read Full >>

Dr. Tooba Qazi
Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sometimes any cavity or decay is not seen clinically but there can be some infection or carious activity going on inside the tooth that can be detected in X-ray or on examination. Considering the symptoms following could be the treatment options. Filling of the tooth if...  Read Full

Please suggest remedy for small gum abscess.

Query: Hello doctor, I have gum abscess. It is very small and white in color. Should I visit a dentist or will it be alright if I go for home remedies?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would have been better if you had sent a clear photograph of the jaw and whether you did a filling of the tooth in the same area so that I can assess it properly. Still, with limited inputs, I feel it is a case of gingival abscess due to a diseased tooth or carious t...  Read Full

Root Canal Treatment

Article Overview: Root Canal Treatment is a simple chairside procedure done to save the tooth that has been affected by caries severely, infecting the pulp of the tooth, and sometimes extending beyond the apex of the root of the tooth, infecting the surrounding peri-radicular tissues, and also in some other cases. Read Article

The most common complaint that the patients come up with to a dentist is toothache and the frequently heard term by them is root canal treatment. It is a simple chairside procedure done to save the tooth that has been affected by caries severely, infecting the pulp of the tooth, and sometimes extend...  Read Article