Login      Sign Up

Q. Is there any cure for hearing loss?


Hello doctor,

I am 27 years old. My weight is 45 kg. I have lost my hearing ability in both the ears. My problem first started before seven years. I showed this case to some ENT doctors. Finally, my condition is declared as SNHL. However, let me express the actual descriptions or symptoms of my problem here now so that I can get possible help and advice from experts here. There is always a loud sound mixed with ringing in the ears. The pitch of sound does not remain the same. Sometimes, increases (high pitch) or decreases (low pitch). However, it is continuous and that continuous sound hinders me from understanding the speech. Consonants become blurred to me due to such irritating sounding or ringing. I cannot distinguish sounds regularly. It is irritating and disturbing. The right ear is more affected and the problem is increasing gradually. I had observed one fact that on inserting drips through my veins in hand (when I was hospitalized) that continuous sounding had stopped for a while and so I felt normal. What inference can be made from the incident? Please help.


Dr.Mehak Agarwal
Diabetology, Otolaryngology (E.N.T


Welcome to icliniq.com.

You seem to be suffering from sensorineural hearing loss and associated tinnitus. Whereas the SNHL is permanent, if it were addressed itself initially, then it could have been reversed.

Now, the issue seems to be of tinnitus that is bothering you the most. For the management of tinnitus, we have some medicines.

  • They include Bilovas (an extract from Ginkgo biloba plant) that increases blood circulation to an inner ear, Complamina retard (Xanthinol Nicotinate) and neurotropic vitamins. Together they prevent further deterioration in hearing and help reduce the ringing sound.
  • I also suggest you tinnitus maskers. Here, we first match noise of tinnitus with externally applied sound, that you must listen for stipulated time periods every day and then this sound trains your central system to ignore the tinnitus sound, which is unwanted.
  • Tinnicar capsules (Caroverine hydrochloride) and injections into the ear can also be tried.

These treatment options are worth considering. Many patients have obtained variable results and improvements using these measures. A 100% improvement is hard to achieve, though, but reasonable development giving significant relief from tinnitus can be achieved.

For further information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-otolaryngologist

Ask a Doctor Online
Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* expert medical advice guaranteed.

Also Read Answers From

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask an ENT Otolaryngologist »
* expert medical advice guaranteed.
Ask a Doctor Online