Q. I have constant tinnitus and sensorineural hearing loss. Is it Meniere's disease?

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal
Published on May 11, 2018 and last reviewed on: May 29, 2019

I have constant tinnitus and sensorineural hearing loss for about five months. I am sending you reports of my PTA and otoscopy. Now I have ear fullness, tinnitus, and hearing loss in my left ear. My right ear is normal. Tinnitus is continuous for past four months. I do not have any vertigo or dizziness episodes. Please tell me is my symptoms of Meniere's disease. Please tell me the cure for ear fullness.

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

Audiology Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

I have seen the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is minimal loss in the left ear. The symptoms do not seem to be due to Meniere's disease. The tinnitus is due to the hearing loss. Take tablet Cinnarizine 75 mg once daily for 15 days and tablet Vitamin B12 1500 micrograms once daily for 15 days. You will definitely be benefited. Consult with your doctor before taking them. Avoid any excess mobile usage or earphones use. Take care.

For more information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

What about left ear fullness? Do you think if I have Meniere disease my otoscopy report will not be normal?

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

Audiology Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

On otoscopy, there are no findings in Meniere's. Your symptoms and audiogram are not suggestive of Meniere's. Ear fullness can be due to eustachian tube blockage. Please tell me do you have any history of nasal blockage or congestion or throat infection in the recent past?

Whenever I cough to clear my throat, why do I get a strange smell?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old male. I had some cough and cold last month due to drinking chilled beverages. After that, I have had a feeling of throat blockage, and my throat was burning. If I try to cough forcefully to clear the throat, I get a strange smell in my nose. I am taking Telekast L ...  Read Full »

Why am I having right ear fullness and background noise?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having right ear fullness and it started several days ago. Last night I awoke due to a pulsating pain in my right ear. I hear some background noise and in silent environment, it is most evident. Is that fine? I had Bell's palsy 2.5 months ago on the left side and again, a month ago o...  Read Full »