Q. Can we have sex during pregnancy?

Dr. Purushottam Sah
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 15, 2020

I got married before four months and now, my wife is pregnant. She has CRL of 6 weeks. Can you please suggest whether we can continue to have sex? If so, then till what time we can have? Can it be unprotected or protected?

#

I have read your problem.

• But, if she has pain, bleeding or water leak, then sex should be avoided. It can be unprotected and should maintain hygiene.

For further doubts consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

We had penetrative sex before the day confirming the pregnancy. After the scan, they said that the baby is good. They have not asked anything about our previous sexual relationship. However, they told us to stay away for 15 days from sexual act and consult again. Do I need to take care of anything?

#

• You do not have to do anything for sex, which is already done. Please follow the advice of your treating doctor.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|