Q. I have low sperm count and volume and problems with my sexual performance. What to do?

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

I have an issue with my sexual performance. I masturbate frequently, and I do not get sexually aroused nowadays. I also have hypothyroidism and low sperm count and volume.

#

Dear,

I’m very sorry to learn about your issues. Rest assured that I will do my best to help you. Let me address the issues point by point:

1) As to your hypoactive thyroid. You need to get measured (lab) TSH, fT3, fT4 and the three main thyroid antibodies. A sonography is also necessary. With a good hormone replacement therapy you should do fine.

2) As to your sexual issues. You seem to suffer from a disturbed sexual arousal cascade. Therefore you need to refrain from sex for 3 months and from masturbation completely and forever. On top on that I will prescribe you two herbal/mineral medications.

I’m sure you will be better soon!

*Thyroid dysfunction
*Sexual arousal cascade disturbance

*Thyroid lab panel (comprehensive)
*Sonography of the thyroid

various

*Hypothyroidism of still unknown cause
*Sexual arousal cascade dysfunction

*To be determined for the thyroid by an endocrinologist in person
*Sexual abstinence
*No masturbation

In case you’re not married I recommend a physical masturbation prevention device. Get back to me if you want this help.

Whenever you want.

| 

Can hypothyroidism cause joint pain, shivering and fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. My weight is 60 kg and height is 5'10". Three months before, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Also, I am suffering from joint pain, shivering and fever. For this condition doctor advised me to take Thyrox 50 mcg, Thyrox 100 mcg for 10 days and Thyrox 125 mcg for ne...  Read Full »

I am having intermittent palpitations. Is it due to hypothyroidism?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 28 years old. Experiencing intermittent palpitations from last three months. ECG, echo, TMT is normal. The lipid profile shows increased triglycerides in serum 189 mg/dl. Recently, I was diagnosed with subclinical hypothyroidism for which I am taking Levothyroxine from last one m...  Read Full »

Does regular tobacco use cause sexual problems?

Query: Dear doctor, I am 33 years old. I have no desire for sex. There is no erection in the penis since the last three months. I am a regular tobacco user. Give me advice.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Sexologist Now