Q. My penis size is smaller than normal, will it be a problem during sex?

Published on Jun 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jun 18, 2019

I am 25 years old and my penis size is 2.2 inch in flaccid state and 5 inch in erect state. I would like to know that, is it a good size because I have read somewhere that 6 inch is normal size. My penis size is smaller than the standard size. What to do now? Do girls think about penis size? I also have a small testicle and read that a small testicle cannot produce enough sperm, is it right? I am noticing one thing in the morning. When I get up, my penis is in erect state. Is there any problem about that? Please give me some advice because I am planning for marriage soon. Kindly clear my doubts. Thank you.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

Thanks for choosing this platform.

2 to 5 inch of the penis size is normal. The average size of penis is 3-5 inch while erect and 1-3 inch while flaccid. Having said this I like to inform you that penis size does not make things different during sex as only one third of the female vagina is sensitive. So, even 3 inch of penis in erect state provides equal pleasure to both partners. In regard to penis size your fear of small penis is baseless and you can get this idea out of your mind now. Girl may or may not think about the size as it is their domain, but as I said it dose not matter on bed. What you read in pornographic magazines is distorted presentation and does not hold any truth.

I do not understand what do you mean by small testicle and low sperm count. It is the number of seminiferous tubules in the testis that matters. Other than that if you are having doubt you can get report of semen analysis which will reveal true sperm count in your semen. Having morning time erection is completely normal and there is nothing to worry about that. If you do not get morning erection that may be a sign of problem.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Would my low sperm count have an adverse effect on IVF and ICSI?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 39-year-old male with a low sperm count of 1.9 million. My blood work shows that I have a high FSH. Our doctor highly suggested that I get genetic testing done before we proceed with an IVF or an ICSI. I would like to know why he would suggest that.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to inform you that the low sperm count and high FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) are indicative of organic disorders of the testes. In other words, the parameters indicate the possibility of either a partial or a complete testicular failure. The geneti...  Read Full

How to maintain sperm count through treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from hypogonadotropic hypogonadism. I am taking HCG 5000 and HMG 150 injection twice a week. My sperm production has started from azoospermia. We have done IVF and it was successful. My doctor asked to take testosterone injection, but if I take this my sperm production will...  Read Full >>

Dr. Deep Dutta
Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) and HMG (human menopausal gonadotropin) are excellent choices to ensure a good sperm production, which is needed for fertility that you have achieved. However, this treatment combination rarely leads to normal testosterone levels, w...  Read Full

Is premature ejaculation related to small penis size?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from premature ejaculation and also my partner complains that I have a small penis. Is this related to premature ejaculation? Also, I have a small pimple on the tip of the penis. Kindly request you to advise me on the same.  Read Full >>

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Small penis is not at all related to PME (premature ejaculation). What is the timing, as you mentioned that you are suffering from PME? Then only, I will be able to suggest a treatment. Small pimples over the tip of penis is normal. Also, send details like color, c...  Read Full

Ask a Sexologist Now