Q. I have shoulder pain after playing squash. How can I get relief?

Dr. Rishu
Published on Oct 19, 2017

I have shoulder pain possibly from playing squash. Please view my reports.

Dr. Rishu

Cardiology
#

• Shoulder pain can be a result of injury or disease of the shoulder joint. An injury can affect any of the ligaments, bursae, or tendons surrounding the shoulder joint. The injury can also affect the ligaments, cartilage, menisci, and bones of the joint.
  • I suggest you put an ice pack on the injured area for 20 minutes, four to eight times a day. Use a cold pack, ice bag, or a plastic bag filled with crushed ice wrapped in a towel.
  • Put even pressure (compression) on the painful area to help reduce the swelling.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

After mastectomy, why is there tightness around the arm?

Query: Hi doctor,Before seven months, I had a mastectomy. During which, I had my lymph nodes taken out of my armpit. I had exercises to do, which helped ease the tightness in my arm. Only in the last two weeks or so, I have noticed a tightness in my hand on the same side of the operation. It feels a bit ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Payas Joshi
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is most probably lymphedema. It occurs as your lymph nodes are taken out, which helps in the drainage of lymph. Are you doing your exercises regularly? This can be prevented by proper exercises that your doctor must have told you. Keep your arm at a height above he...  Read Full

My daughter got hit on her head with a wooden swing. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter got hit in the head with a wooden swing by my other child. It hit above the eye between eyebrow and temple. She is acting fine. It is very swollen and bruised, like a very large goose egg. Do you think that calls for a trip to the doctor or just more ice packs? It has been abo...  Read Full >>

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As it is an injury around the eye, it may cause congestion in the eyes and secondary infection as well. She also needs analgesics. It is not a small injury to be treated only by ice packs. I suggest you try doing the following: Get an x-ray of the frontotemporal region o...  Read Full