Q. I am bleeding more than a week after taking i-ipll. Why?

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

One week ago, I had intercourse on my third day of the period and after approximately 30 hours of that, I have taken an i-pill. From the next day of taking the pill, I had severe back pain and lower abdomen pain which continues for one week. And after one week, I started bleeding and right now do not know why I am still bleeding? Is it my period that came again?

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I read your message. Can you tell me in detail about your periods date, date of intercourse, date of taking I-pill, and date on which bleeding started?

After i-pill, bleeding is expected for a few days. But you said you got bleeding twice. So, please tell me all the dates so that I can conclude properly.

| 

My period started on the 7th and I had intercourse on the 10th morning. And I have taken the pill the next day around 8 PM. After taking the i-pill I had not received any bleeding except the lower abdomen and back pain. Then suddenly yesterday, I started bleeding and it continues today also like I got my period back. Also, lower abdomen pain starts again.

Please tell me is this the side effect of i-pill?? Is there any reason I got my period back? And does my period come on time next month?

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

You had intercourse on day 4 of menses. So there is absolutely no chance of pregnancy. As you have got menses on 17th, this is because of i-pill. I-pill causes irregular cycles. Mostly your next menses should come around 17th of next month.

Because now you are bleeding, so it takes almost one month for the entire endometrial formation and menses. Do not worry. Expect your menses around 17th of next month.

| 

Thank you so much for your help.

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

You are welcome. Keep in touch for further doubts.

|