Q. What are the ways to change winter skin-care routine to spring?

Dr. Rabia
Published on Aug 10, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 03, 2019

How to do transition of your winter skin-care routine to spring?

Dr. Rabia

Dermatology
#

As compared to winter, in spring season skincare is changed as follows.

1. In winters, an individual's requirement of water becomes less, whereas in spring one should increase the intake of water as insensible loss of water increases from our skin.

2. In winters, skin becomes very dry so we need to moisturize it frequently whereas in spring the moisturizing requirement becomes less.

3. Protection from sunlight is important in both winters and spring but more important in the spring season.

4. Protection from allergic plants becomes more important in the spring season with the eruption of new plants and its different species.

Please help with itchy red rashes on the thigh.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a problem with dry skin and rashes. I have a history of atopic eczema on the neck for which I am applying Flutivate cream. 4 weeks back some red rashes started coming up with itching. I thought it is because of dry skin, so I applied coconut oil and moisturizer. The redness ha...  Read Full >>

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please share in detail about the onset, progression, and duration of the rash. Is popliteal fossa (shallow depression behind knee joint) or antecubital fossa involved? What is the predominant complaint? Is it itching or burning? Do you have any rash over your thig...  Read Full

Natural Skin Care Treatments

Article Overview: Do you all know why natural ingredients are important for the skin? The word natural means that it is an ingredient available in nature and has a tremendous effect on one’s health since mother earth has blessed us with these lovely vitamins and minerals naturally available through fruits and vegetables. Read Article

Dr. Krystel Quadros
Cosmetologist

Following are certain reasons why natural ingredients are very important for human skin. Hydrating Effect on the Skin Natural ingredients have an awesome hydrating effect on the skin since various fruit and vegetable extracts are rich in moisture and keep our skin free from forming an oily layer. ...  Read Article

Does dry scaly red patches around mouth mean perioral dermatitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a secondary burn on my calf, after a month of self-treating. It just got worse. I play soccer and that and the sweat is what was irritating it. So I finally went to the doctor and they prescribed me SMZ, TMP DS. I took it for about a week until I realized I was having a lot of s...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. Right now you have applied too much moisturizer (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please apply Hydrocortisone cream two times a day for 10 days. If blisters or erosions are present then you may need oral steroid as well. So...  Read Full