Q. I have a skin infection in the inner thigh. What is it?

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim
Published on Oct 19, 2018

I have a skin infection in my inner thighs. It burns and itches a lot. Even, the slightest touch triggers the itching. I have been applying Clotrimazole for the past two days. On using it, the itching stops. But again, I have itching after a few hours. I have the infection in my inner thighs near the scrotum. I have attached an image. Please suggest.

#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have a candida infection in the groin area, called tinea cruris. Use Clotrimazole ointment twice daily for ten days. Take Itraconazole 100 mg orally once daily for ten days. Keep the area dry.

I have white smelly discharge and blisters in private part. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a problem in my private part. Several months ago, I noticed that I am having a white smelly discharge. I only have one sexual partner and I fail to visit a doctor due to my busy schedule. And now after shaving, I had some blisters and it is painful. My groin is starting to...  Read Full »

I have pain in the penis after frequent sex. Please suggest medications.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old male. I am married since six years. I went abroad for a project for two months. There were no sexual relations in these two months. I just came back from the project and am having sex twice a day for the past three days. Now, I have a slight pain in the tip and ba...  Read Full »

Impetigo, an Infectious Disease in Children

Article Overview: Impetigo, one of the most common skin infections among kids usually produces blisters or sores on the face, neck, hands, and diaper area. Read Article

Impetigo is the most common skin infection in children throughout the world. Bacteria mainly enters through break in the skin, which may allow bacteria to invade the skin. After invasion bacteria multiply in deep layers of the skin and leads to blister formation. There are two classic forms of im...  Read Article