Q. I have some itchy tiny rashes on feet. Please suggest a good cream to help this.

Dr. Sandip Agrawal
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 08, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 01, 2020

I am a 24-year-old female, and I have some tiny rashes on my feet. It is so itchy and afraid that they will spread. Are there any creams I should use to stop the itchiness and for it to be gone?

#

Are the rashes on the sides of toes and feet? What color are they? Please share the pictures.

Allergy to some substance.

Pompholyx. Allergic contact dermatitis.
Psoriasis. Tinea.

Pompholyx.

They were pink and near my toes.

#

I saw the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The rash you have seems to be due to irritation. Do you have frequent contact with soap water? Or are you allergic to dust, rubber of slippers? If anything of the above you have avoid it.

For itching, tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg twice a day, moisturizer cream once daily, Mometasone + Miconazole cream once a day to be applied over the rash. All above is for 10 days.

For the first five days, also take tablet Prednisolone 10 mg once a day after breakfast. If any white skin develops in between the toes, report.

Allergy to dust, soap, leather, rubber.

Allergic contact dermatitis.

Find out the thing you are allergic to and avoid it.

Report after five days.

Right now, the rashes spread just a little on the sides of my feet and it is now more evident and a little bigger compared to the first photos I have sent earlier. And may I ask if there should be a specific brand for moisturizer cream? Are Momentasone and Miconazole one cream product? Or I could buy any of these two? Also, can I wear socks to relieve the itchiness and to avoid contact with slippers?

#

You can buy any moisturizer cream. Miconazole and Mometasone are different creams, buy both. Yes, you can wear socks but wash them daily. Start medicines early and tell me after five days.

|