Miconazole is an antifungal agent, which belongs to the imidazole group of drugs, and is used to treat various fungal infection. It is used against jock itch, athlete's feet, skin or vaginal yeast infection, and pityriasis versicolor.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

How to get rid of red rashes in the neck and back of a 4-year-old child?

Query: Hello doctor, My son has rashes all over his neck and body. His neck is very red and wet. I am attaching a photo of his rashes. The doctor said he has eczema, and he suggested to use Daktacort, Aveeno cream, and Flucloxacillin, but it is not helping. It is getting worse. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Suvina Attavar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the attached photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). How old is your son? From when is he having these rashes? Was Flucloxacillin prescribed before the rashes occurred? If your child is around a month and from the photos it looks like he has e...  Read Full »

I have a fungal infection in my right hand. How to treat it?

Query: Hello doctor,I have one red spot on my right hand, which is a fungal infection. Sometimes, it will grow in other body parts like stomach or legs, but then automatically disappears in 2 to 3 days. I am so worried. What to do? What is the treatment for this?  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have you applied any creams? Do you have a history of diabetes or hypertension? In the case of a fungal infection, you can try using Onabet (Sertaconazole) cream or Episert (Sertaconazole) cream or DK gel (Miconazole), twice a day. But if there is a recurrence, then o...  Read Full »

Which STD can cause rashes on inner thigh?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a rash and dry scaling spots on my inner thigh and pubic area, which looks like a poison ivy allergic rash. It does not itch. I am wondering what exactly it is and if it is a skin thing or an STD thing? I have attached photographs of this lesion. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture you sent (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). It is tinea corporis, a kind of fungal infection. I suggest you apply Luliconazole cream (Luliact cream) twice daily for one month and apply Miconazole ointment (Micog...  Read Full »

Even after taking Fluconazole, my genital rashes remains the same. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a rash on my genitals from a month. So, I went to a venereologist, who told me to take Fluconazole, one tablet for two weeks. As you can see by the photos attached, the rash is still the same even after a month. Please help me diagnose and treat my rashes.  Read Full »

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the rash pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It looks like balanitis, which can be due to fungal infection or bacterial infection. The medications given to you were correct. I suggest you try applying Fusidic acid 2 % cream, Miconazole...  Read Full »

I have hives recurring on my thighs. How to treat it?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had hives for a month. They are recurring in my feet, left leg, underarms and face. The rash is in one or more of those places every day. My left thigh has remained inflamed and covered with hives. I have kept a photo diary. I have seen a local dermatologist who did a punch biopsy....  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history, clinical description and histopathology (attachment removed to protect patient identity) are most likely suggestive of urticaria. Urticaria is an immediate hypersensitivity reaction of the skin to various common triggers such as insect bites, infective fo...  Read Full »

How to treat chronic balanitis with painful swelling?

Query: Hi doctor, I am diabetic. I have chronic balanitis for the past two years. Now, I have swelling under my foreskin and I am able to open the foreskin to clean the white dirt. I usually dip my penis in cold water after getting excruciating pain. But my swelling hurts me a lot as it causes unbearable ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You seem to have an ulcerated lesion on the glans penis along with balanitis. It can be due to fungal infection, herpes, chronic abrasion, or any other sexual disease. Please me...  Read Full »

Please help me with the red spots on my penis.

Query: Hello doctor, I have red spots on my penis and it is very itchy in nature. Now, there is a rash-like thing on my penis. Currently, I am using Candid B cream. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Nadimpalli Sai Kranthi Kumar Varma

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please provide the below details to arrive at a definitive diagnosis and to suggest a proper treatment plan. Could you be more specific on the type of the lesion? When and how did it start initially? Are you married? If yes, then does your partner suffer from any white di...  Read Full »

Can fungal infection in the penis turn into gangrene?

Query: Hi doctor, I wanted to ask whether I have a fungal infection around the base of my penis. It has been there for over six months, and I have seen the doctor. At first, he prescribed me Daktarin cream. It did not work. I went back, and he gave me Eumovate cream. It worked for a while, and then it cam...  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no attached photograph in your message. Kindly send a picture of the affected area to help you better. I need to see the affected area to assess the condition and to suggest appropriate diagnosis and treatment.  Read Full »

What should I do to help the skin rashes on groin?

Query: Hello doctor, I have noticed a slight skin rash on both sides of the groin. I am not sure how long it has been there. I do not have any symptoms like itching. It is slightly worse on the right than the left.  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is intertrigo or friction rash. Apply Miconazole ointment or gel twice daily for 15 days, Clotrimazole dusting powder after bath for one month. Take tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg at night ...  Read Full »

How to treat skin rashes due to a hen scratch?

Query: Hello doctor,About a month ago, a hen scratched my hand. I do not know if there is a connection, but I got a rash. I used Triderm against fungus infection, and the rash almost disappeared. After that, I got a rash on other parts of the body. The doctor said the skin was dry, and I have dermatitis. H...  Read Full »

Dr. Snehal Laul

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Use Fucidin cream twice daily in the morning and noon for seven days, Miconazole ointment/gel at night for 15 days. Take tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg at night after dinner for seven days. Avoid scratching or rubbing lesions as it may cause secondary bacterial infectio...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.