Q. What are the ways in which technology is changing the way we sleep?

Dr. Chandra Shekhar
Published on Aug 12, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 14, 2019

How is technology changing the way we sleep? How are people sleeping better and/or more aware of their sleep patterns, thanks to technological advancements and trends?

Dr. Chandra Shekhar

Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

Sleep is a very complicated process and it is a way of healing and relaxing the body. Four steps are there for the sleep process to complete. Every person has their own patterns but largely we can say good sleeping habits change life patterns.

A normal individual should sleep 8 to 9 hours with different posture change. Obese should prefer right and the left lateral position as oxygenation improve which is compromised in supine sleep. BIPAP and CPAP are the machines which are the treatment if sleep apnea and also snoring patient, the patient only has to out nasal mask and they can sleep well with improved oxygenation and also enhance quality and standards of life.

During sleep, there is a good temperature for body but this is according to age. Music and light also affect but it differs person to person.

Lifestyle Modification for Obesity

Article Overview: Obesity - the brand old term which is the main cause of all health issues world over. Here are some simple tips to control weight gain and being obese. Read Article

Dr. Indhupriyadharshini

Obesity has become the initial cause of all major health issues like cardiovascular, hypertension, diabetes, etc., which leads to other dangerous health issues. This obesity has now become a major epidemic in humans. So, how do we deal with this? We have three steps to change our life completely in...  Read Article

Obstructive Sleep Apnea - a Frequent Undiagnosed Condition

Article Overview: This article discusses the information regarding the symptoms, diagnostic test, and management of obstructive sleep apnea in brief. Read Article

Sleep Medicine Physician

Do you have any symptoms like snoring, interrupted sleep, unrefreshed sleep, morning headaches, daytime sleepiness, etc? Are you obese with a short and wide neck? If yes, then you may have obstructive sleep apnea, which is frequently an undiagnosed condition and has multiple adverse effects on our b...  Read Article

I have excessive body hair and obesity. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have had PCOS for over a decade now. I initially saw a gynecologist who tried oral contraceptive pills, microgynon, and spironolactone. She did a battery of blood tests and ultrasounds to confirm I have the condition. A general physician prescribed Metformin a few years back. All of the...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf
Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned, it appears that you have a 21-hydroxylase deficiency and that causes an excess of testosterone and androstenedione causing virilization of females and PCOS. This is the cause of your hirsutism and insulin resis...  Read Full