Q. I get sore throat and malaise once in 15 days. Why?

Dr. Rachit Maan

I am a 39-year-old female with well-controlled hypertension. I have no travel history, and I have mostly stayed home here in the province since March. I have had a mild sore throat and malaise that have been on and off for the past 15 days. Sometimes also my upper back would hurt slightly, but I have no other symptoms. Sometimes, I would feel well for a few days, and then I will not feel well again for a few days. It has been like this for the past 15 days. I have taken Immunomax Forte, Strepsils, Bactidol, and Kamillosan spray. My body just does not feel 100% normal, and I think my malaise has something to do with the uncomfortable feeling in my throat (not necessarily painful). Can you please help me out? I have been having sleepless nights because of worrying.

I am currently Losartan 50 mg once a day and Carvid 25 mg half tablet once a day.

#

Welcome to iclniq.com.

I went through your case. As you mentioned in your case you most probably are suffering from chronic discomfort and involving many organs and systems.

You start Supradyn tablet two times a day for 15 days. These are multivitamin tablets that will help you to provide adequate vitamins, trace elements, and various other components whose deficiency usually causes such symptoms.

Please feel free to share any other query you encounter and tell me about your improved condition in 10 days.

I checked with the major drugstore, but Supradyn is not available here in my country. Can you please prescribe something else that is available in my place? Also, is my upper back pain not a source of concern? Do I need an x-ray? What can I take for my mild sore throat?

#

You can start with Kirkland daily multivitamin, which is available in your country too. And for sore throat, start Co-Amoxiclav two times a day (five days). Start Sporolac tablet three times a day (seven days). Your back pain will also be relieved by the multivitamin formulation. X-ray is not warranted at this point of time.

Doctor, I can't buy Co-amoxiclav here without prescription. Would you be able to provide me an electronic prescription I can show to the drugstore? Also, what is Sporlac?
# Dear Maan,
Before going to Covid test please answer me about some complaints...
Any complaint of breathlessness
Any previous episode of sore throat before the one you completed medication on 13.
Definitely I will prescribe the medication which will be available near your house.
Please answer these question asap
I have no complaint of breathlessness. My last episode of sore throat was June 23, but it comes and goes, hence my first e-mail to you. As of this writing, my chief complaint is the very itchy throat, which started yesterday as a mildly painful sore throat. It feels like there's a worm squiggling in my throat. Sometimes, I would have mucus, but it's always clear, never yellow or green. Doctor, is this just allergy or should I go for covid test? I've taken Strepsils, Cetirizine and ginger tea.
# Dear Maan,
As per your complaints there is very less chances that you have COVID infection.
Start these medications
Sinecough expel 1 teaspoon 3 times a day 7 days
Cefpodoxime 200mg and ofloxacin 200 mg combination 1 tablet 2 times a day 5 days
Montair LC 1 tab once a day 7 days
Sporolac 1tab 3 times a day 7 days
Continue multivitamin prescribed before.
Follow up after 3 days.
YOUR DOCTOR
DR. RACHIT MAAN
Thanks doctor. I have the following questions:

1. I have some spare Ambroxol HCl here, but they are tablets. What milligrams should I take and how many times a day?

2. Is it safe that I take antibiotics again if I just completed coamoxiclav a few days ago?

3. There's no Sporolac here. Do you have any alternatives?

4. Please give me a digital prescription for the antibiotic so I can buy it.

Thanks for being patient with me.
# Dear Maan,
1 Take 30 mg Ambroxal in morning and 30 mg in evening
2 Yes it's very safe as antibiotics prescribed to you are really safe as proved by clinical trials and years of clinical use experience.
3 Instead of sporolac you can use any tablet with lactobacillus in it.
4 This prescription will itself act as digital prescription for purchase . Just take a screenshot and that will suffice.

Feel free to ask anything in need....
Please give rating as it encourages to help .
Thanking you

YOUR DOCTOR
DR. RACHIT MAAN
Dr Rachit, I'm sorry to bother you again. I just came from the pharmacy, but they said they need an official digital prescription with my name on it (Maan Esposo), the specific drugs, dosage, how often they should be taken and how long, and most importantly, your name, digital signature and license number at the bottom part.

I was able to take co-amoxiclav last time without your prescription because I had extra stock at home. This time, I cannot buy the antibiotic you recommended without your prescription. Would you please help me? I'll give a positive review/feedback after this. Thank you.
# Patient : Maan Esposo
Date : 18 July 2020
C/o : Mild pharyngitis with generalized somatic complaints.

Rx:

Montair LC 1 tab once a day 7 days

Sporolac 1tab 3 times a day 7 days

FOLLOW UP after 3 days.

Doctor : Dr. Rachit Maan
Registration under MMC , Mumbai ( act 2006)
Sign: Digital verified under act
Thank you, doctor. I'll update you should I encounter problems purchasing the medicines you prescribed but I hope not.
# Dear Maan,
Feel free to ask anything you need .
Please give your valuable rating .
Most importantly, FOLLOW UP AFTER 4 DAYS.

YOUR DOCTOR
DR. RACHIT MAAN
Doctor, I just came back from the drugstore. They don't have the combination antibiotic you prescribed. Perhaps it's not available in the Philippines. Can you please give me two or three alternatives in prescription form? I feel so down right now, my throat is so painful and itchy, but I still have no medicine. I want to get well soon. Please reply soon. Thank you.

By the way I already left you good feedback this morning
# Patient : Maan Esposo

Date : 18 July 2020

Rx:

Cefpodoxime 200 mg 1 tab morning 1tab evening 5days
Ofloxacin 200mg 1 tab morning 1tab evening 5days

Montair LC 1 tab once a day 7 days

Sporolac 1tab 3 times a day 7 days

FOLLOW UP after 3 days.

Doctor : Dr. Rachit Maan

Sign: Digital verified under act

Patient : Maan Esposo

Date : 18 July 2020

Rx:

Cefixime 400 mg 1 tab evening 5 days

Montair LC 1 tab once a day 7 days

Sporolac 1tab 3 times a day 7 days

FOLLOW UP after 3 days.

Doctor : Dr. Rachit Maan

Sign: Digital verified under act

Thanks for the feedback dear.
Thanks a lot, doc. If you don't mind, (1) can I ask why CoAmoxiclav didn't work for me last week? In the past years, it has always worked for me whenever I have cough. This time, I just have sore throat, and it didn't work for me. (2) Between Cefpodoxime + Ofloxacin and Cefixime, which is better or which should I prioritize buying? Thank you once again.
# Dear Maan,
Sometime the causative bacteria get resistant to some antibiotics . So those antibiotics do not work.
Both are equally good and effective , can buy anyone.
YOUR DOCTOR
DR. RACHIT MAAN
Hi doctor. My throat itch has decreased considerably today. It seems Levocetirizine works well for me, not Cetirizine. For the antibiotic (I was able to buy Cefixime), I have yet to see the effect, but I really hope to get well soon. I'm tired of being on and off sick for a month now. My chat subscription will end soon, so I wanna ask, as you are an Indian doctor, are you allowed to practice medicine in the Philippines in an online setting? Please dont get me wrong. I fully trust your medical advice, but I'm just curious how this online medical consulting works in terms of scope/laws. Thank you.
# Dear Maan,
Yes, we are authorized to practice in any nation where Indian medical council degree are valid.
And it is valid in almost whole world including Philippines.
And about it I'm also accredited by World Health Organization and London school of medicine . So I get extra privileges over usual authorizations.
YOUR DOCTOR
DR. RACHIT MAAN
Hi doctor. My very itchy throat is finally gone (thanks to you), and I completed Cefixime 400 mg once a day for 5 days last July 23. However, today, I noticed that my phlegm is now color yellow. My concern is that I don't have medicines anymore. Should I continue Cefixime and Ambroxol Hcl for a few more days? I also sometimes feel weak and still have slight body pains. What can I take? Thank you.
# Dear Maan,
Thanks for your positive feedback. It means a lot for me.
Please feel free to ask anything you need.
Please remember to follow up after 3 days.
YOUR DOCTOR
DR. RACHIT MAAN
Hi doctor. My very itchy throat is finally gone (thanks to you), and I completed Cefixime 400 mg once a day for 5 days last July 23 (today is July 25). However, today, I noticed that my phlegm is now color yellow (used to be clear colored). My concern is that I don't have medicines anymore. Should I continue Cefixime and Ambroxol Hcl for a few more days? I also sometimes feel weak and still have slight body pains. What can I take? Thank you as always.
# Dear Maan,
Good to hear that you recovered from sore throat.
Continue Ambroxol for 5 more days.
Continue cefixime for 2 days more.
Take multivitamins continuously as prescribed before.
Take lot of water and fluids.
Avoid spicy food.
Avoid any cold eatables.
Rest assured , you will be very fine very soon...
YOUR DOCTOR
DR. RACHIT MAAN
Doctor, is 1,000 mg Vitamin C safe to take every day? Will this not affect my kidneys?
# 1000 mg Vitamin C is safe in acute doses. It don't affect your kidneys as its water soluble vitamin and taking for very acute period. And in addition vit c is a potent immune booster which is necessary in current time due to corona epidemic.
Thanks doctor. My last question before my subscription runs out is can I now go back jogging? I used to run every morning for 40 minutes by the sea, but I stopped for 2 weeks because of my condition. Once again, I thank you for your assistance. I'm still coughing from time to time but no more yellow phlegm or sore throat. My condition has significantly improved compared with when I first consulted you. I'll make sure to seek your services again in the future should I need to, but I hope not yet.
# Dear Maan,
Yes you can and you should start jogging again.
Glad to know that your condition improved more.
Always available for any query and wish that you always stay healthy.
YOUR DOCTOR
DR. RACHIT MAAN

|