Q. How can I manage pain and numbness in hands and feet caused due to SPA?

I am suffering from SPA rheumatism and the doctor has prescribed Salazopyrin, Sulfasalazine for more than 10 years. I am not taking it continuously. Now, these days, I have pain in my hand, wrist, and my feet also have numbness.

#

I went through your post. You are suffering from spondyloarthropathy. However, small joint involvement like hand and feet joints are rare in SPA. You should restart Sulfasalazine 1 g morning, evening and do a C-reactive protein and ESR and preferably take Naproxin 500 morning evening for one week along with a PPI. The ideal thing would be to visit a rheumatologist for disease scoring to see how active is your disease.

For how long can I take Naproxin?

#

Take Naproxin 500 morning and evening for one week, then 250 mg morning and evening for one more week. However, take Pantoprazole 40 mg morning evening along with it to prevent gastritis.

|