Q. Is it normal to have spotting daily for five months but no periods?

Dr. Sangeeta Milap

I am an 18-year-old female, and I suffer from irregular periods. I have been spotting daily for the past five months without proper periods. I lost some weight because of this.

Kindly help.

#

It appears like a hormonal imbalance which is common in young girls. But before I prescribe the required medication, it is important to know a few more things.

So, kindly answer me the following;

1) Are there any chances of pregnancy? If yes, have you done a pregnancy test?

2) Have you recently got any investigations like abdomen ultrasound or thyroid?

Revert with the answers.

Thanks for the reply.

The answers are as follows;

1) There is no chance of pregnancy.

2) I have not done any scans before.

Thanks.

#

I would strongly recommend you to get a transvaginal ultrasound and thyroid scan done to rule out the cause. Kindly start taking tablet Primolut-N (Norethisterone) twice daily for 21 days.

For now, you may start Primolut-N twice daily for 21 days. After three to four days of stopping the medication, you will get your periods, and your spotting will also stop.

Thanks for the reply.

I have a milky white vaginal discharge daily. This vaginal discharge is present since my first menstruation.

Kindly help.

#

Only if the vaginal discharge is foul-smelling, leaving stains on your undergarments, and persisting for a long time may require further investigation. And it is completely normal to have vaginal discharge during the time of the periods.

|