Q. Is mid-cycle spotting normal?

Dr. Jyoti Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 21, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 27, 2020

I have been getting mid menstrual cycle spotting. Is it normal?

Dr. Jyoti Gupta

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Mid-cycle spotting is normal. There is nothing to worry.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

I had my periods from 1st to 4th of this month. On the 5th I had unprotected sex with my husband. I had spotting on the 15th. For the last five days, I have taken up regular gym and weight training. Am I pregnant? Or can this be due to heavy exercise? But, I am exercising regularly for the last one year.

Dr. Jyoti Gupta

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• As you said that you had intercourse on day 5 of your cycle, there is no way you could be pregnant. For pregnancy, you need to have intercourse close to mid cycle, which means close to the time of ovulation.
  • If you had no further unprotected contact during that time, then there is no chance to get pregnant.
  • Strenuous exercise can sometimes be the reason for spotting.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|