Q. Is mid-cycle spotting normal?

Dr. Jyoti Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 21, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 27, 2020

I have been getting mid menstrual cycle spotting. Is it normal?

#

• Mid-cycle spotting is normal. There is nothing to worry.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

I had my periods from 1st to 4th of this month. On the 5th I had unprotected sex with my husband. I had spotting on the 15th. For the last five days, I have taken up regular gym and weight training. Am I pregnant? Or can this be due to heavy exercise? But, I am exercising regularly for the last one year.

#

• As you said that you had intercourse on day 5 of your cycle, there is no way you could be pregnant. For pregnancy, you need to have intercourse close to mid cycle, which means close to the time of ovulation.
  • If you had no further unprotected contact during that time, then there is no chance to get pregnant.
  • Strenuous exercise can sometimes be the reason for spotting.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Is it possible to have ovulation and period symptoms when on Depot?

Query: Hello doctor, My period started 12th of last month. I reviewed the Depo shot two days later. I had unprotected sex nine days later. He ejaculated in me several times. I thought I would be protected but I am also having symptoms of ovulation like high (hard) cervix with a sharp pain in my ovary, the...  Read Full »

My period is due in three days. Is there still a chance I can get pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor,Today I had unprotected sex with my partner. In just three days my period is due. He pulled out and I am sure he did not come inside me. Is there still a chance I can get pregnant? Please help.  Read Full »

What causes intermenstrual bleeding?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I am not on any sort of birth control pills. I had a normal menstruation in the starting of this month and normal bleeding. After six to seven days, I started bleeding again. The bleeding was not very heavy, but lasted on and off for about six days. Now, after a gap o...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»