Q. Does high-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion in the cervix go away on its own?

Dr. Priyadarshini Tripathy

Does High-grade squamous intraepithelial lesion in cervix go away on its own? Two years back, during pregnancy atypical cells were shown. Last year, biopsy came back High-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions. Had leep procedure last year. A week later they called and said it spread past the margin. Said see you in 6 months. they never brought it up at that appointment and I don't think they even checked.

Dr. Priyadarshini Tripathy

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
# Hi

Welcome to icliniq. com

Thanks for reaching out with your query. I am happy to help you.

I am sorry that you couldn't recieve a good follow up after LEEP. I am unable to download/ open the file you have sent.

Let me give you some information that might help you.

Based on studies on the natural history of cervical infections with oncogenic HPV types, it has been seen that though some ( very less) HSIL lesions regress but the risk of invasive cervical cancer couldn' t be ignored.

For the adequate treatment of CIN2 or CIN3, the entire lesion and transformation zone (TZ) must be destroyed or excised. This can be achieved by ablative or excisional treatments. Ablative methods such as CO2 laser ablation are effective but infrequently used in modern practice. Excisional methods such a large loop excision of the TZ (LLETZ), loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP) or cold-knife cone biopsy are preferred.

So it's important to have a quick check with any colposcopist.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to reach out with any further queries.

|