Q. My teeth are brown due to high chlorine in the water. How to make them whiter?

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

I'd like to make my teeth whiter, brushing twice a day isn't working.. I come from a region with very high chlorine in the water and thus the browning teeth, what solutions are available for me?

Dr. Mousam Chattopadhyay

Dentistry Endodontist
#

Hello, Welcome to ICLINIQ This is your Dentist - I went through your query and the attached image ,Sir. As a Specialist am here to help you.

The browning appearence of your teeth is not Stain or plaque related . There is actual chip off of enamle showing the brown Dentin layer. The condition is known as Enamel Hypoplasia. If someone else in the famile has the same kind of teeth then the condition will.be known as Amelogenesis Imperfecta .

Its not your fault, the more forceful brushing the more chip off of weak enamel. The condition can be acquired or genetic. I would recommend -

• Use a Soft bristle tooth brush, brush gently .
  • Sensodyne Rapid relief toothpaste.
  • HiOra K mouthwash .
  • For resolving the issue perpamently, need Full Mouth Rehabilitation( full mouth crowns) . To cease further chip-off of enamel and to avoid severe sensitivity in future.

It will aslo resolve you aesthetic issue. ZIRCONIA crown is Top of the line as per as Dental Crown is concerned. Avoid citrus or acidic food, colddrinks as much possible .They might initiate sensitivity . I hope it was helpful. I will be waiting for your reply. Kindly let me know if any further query or doubts, am here to assist you. Post me a query when ever you need.

Thanks Alot Sir. Have a Good Day.

Enamel hypoplasia or Amelogenesis imperfecta if genetic( someone in the family has it too)

Full mouth rehab ,is the permanent solution.
Sensitive toothpaste and mouthwash is supportive care.

Avois acidic or cold drinks ,coffee to avoid fruther staining or sensitivity .

|