Q. Am I at risk of STD if condom slips halfway?

I had protected sex with someone whose status I do not know. I am kind of worried now. I did not ejaculate and the condom slipped half way during the session and pulled that back. Is that a matter of concern? Shall I go for any test?

#

I went through your post. Slipping of the condom makes it an unprotected sexual intercourse and there is a small 1 % risk of getting STD although non-ejaculation makes it a lesser risk. You can test after two weeks for syphils and HIV by doing FTA-ABS (fluorescent treponemal antibody absorption) and CMIA for HIV after two weeks to be on the safer side. However, as the risk is very minute, there is no need to worry.

Do I need to wait for just two weeks? Or shall I wait for four weeks and go for an HIV duo test?

#

CMIA is a fourth generation test for HIV and can detect HIV in 95 to 97 % of cases of infected people after two weeks of exposure. So, it can be done after two weeks, so there is no need to wait for four weeks.

|