Q. Can we get STD through body to body or skin to skin contact?

Dr. Mehak Agarwal
Published on Nov 12, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 14, 2019

Is a condom 100% safe? Can we get STDs through the body to body or skin to skin contact? By kissing will any std transmit? Is spa erotic massage safe? Please answer these questions it would be helpful.

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetology Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

The condom does not give 100 percent contraception. In fact, no contraception is 100 percent effective. Body to body and skin to skin contact will not result in STD (sexually transmitted disease), unless there are cuts over the body and body fluids get transmitted. Kissing will not cause STD. Deep throat and violent kissing might cause injuries and microbleeds and those might cause transmission of fluids across membranes and STD. Spa erotic massage is usually safe.

Herpes - a Common STD

Article Overview: In this article, I have discussed the clinical presentation and treatment of herpes. Read Article

Herpes disease is caused by herpes simplex virus. The herpes simplex virus (HSV) is a double stranded DNA virus, infects humans alone and is almost ubiquitous. There are two closely related species of HSV, type 1 (HSV-1) and type 2 (HSV-2). They cause primary as well as recurrent mucocutaneous infec...  Read Article

Can you get STD from a handjob?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a sexual experience with a massage worker. I am not sure exactly, but she seemed to kiss or maybe spit on to the top of my penis during a hand job. Later she rubbed her vagina across my penis. I moved away but it is completely possible that the end of my penis touched her vaginal l...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now