Q. Is my stomach pain related to the oophorectomy and hysterectomy I had five months back?

Dr. Manisha Raghunath Auradkar

I have been experiencing intermittent stomach pain for two days. I underwent hysterectomy (removal of the uterus) and oophorectomy (removal of ovaries) surgeries five months ago.

#

I can understand your concern. As you have a recent history of hysterectomy, the pain you are experiencing might or might not be associated with this.

Kindly mention the exact location of your pain, whether the pain is in the area around the stitches. Also, check for any pus collection or swelling around the stitches. Other reasons for the pain could be a gas collection in the intestine, gall stones, kidney stones, or related to pancreas inflammation or infection of any organs inside. I suggest getting an ultrasound of the whole abdomen. And then consult a physician with the results and take appropriate medication indicated by the doctor.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact me for any further queries in the future.

|