Hysterectomy

Is there a treatment for endometrial hyperplasia in homeopathy?

Query: Hi doctor, Would you be kind to give us a second opinion based on attached files? Please find the attached pathology report of my wife where basically she was given two options. I have uploaded the findings of endometrial hyperplasia. The options given are hormones for life, Progesterone with three...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Medical Oncologist, Paediatric Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports and the history of illness provided (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Considering the fact that the submucosal fibroid is quiet small in size and the histopathology is suggestive of proliferative endometrium, it is advisable...  Read Full »

My mother has been diagnosed with 8.5 uric acid. Which medicine should she take?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has been diagnosed with 8.5 uric acid and recently underwent a hysterectomy. Which medicine should she take for uric acid?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. High uric acid will require diet modification followed by medical treatment if not controlled by diet. You can start diet modification like, 1. Have adequate fluid intake. 2. Avoid dry fruits, cold drinks, and chocolate. 3. Avoid broccoli, spinach, beans, and non-...  Read Full »

I am on birth control pill for excessive bleeding. Is there any other option to treat my condition?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53-year-old female who has been on a low dosage of BCP continuously for past 17 years due to periods that never stopped and was bedridden for six months due to having no more blood left to pump my heart. Secondly, I was hospitalized and had three blood transfusions. Medically ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you are 53 years now and your primary concern was menorrhagia (heavy menstrual bleeding) which causes anemia and other issues. If it has been controlled with birth control since the last six months, then this indicates hormonal imbalances. Now at 53, you should b...  Read Full »

Abdominal vs laparoscopic hysterectomy - which is better?

Query: Hello doctor, Which type of surgery is better for hysterectomy for a 45 year old patient with menorrhagia, open surgery or laparoscopy?  Read Full »

Dr. Madathupalayam Madhankumar

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Laparoscopic hysterectomy is better due to: Minimal pain. Minimal blood loss. Minimal infection. Clear visualization of organs. Minimal postoperative hospital stay. Consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online for a detailed discussion --> https://www.i...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest the treatment option for endometrial hyperplasia with atypia.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 56 years old female. I have heavy bleeding, and my endometrium is bulky. It is 15 mm. I have placed Mirena before four years, and I have removed it before two months. My doctor did a biopsy, and the report came as hyperplasia without atypia. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please say whether you had any menopausal or perimenopausal symptoms. Please mention whether you had irregular bleeding or scanty periods or whether there is a stoppage of periods. You have placed Mirena before four years. You can also have side effects. The side effect...  Read Full »

Is Laparoscopic hysterectomy test necessary for uterine fibroid?

Query: Hi doctor, My spouse aged 47 years has been advised laparoscopic hysterectomy as a fibroid of 80 x 70 mm is observed in USG of the uterus. She is having irregular periods from the last 9 to 10 months. Her hemoglobin has reduced to 9.5 g/dL. Is this a sufficient and strong ground for a hysterectomy...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, this is sufficient ground for hysterectomy, and I think you should go ahead. Since she has a symptomatic fibroid, she will need definitive treatment. There are medicines available, but they are not very effective. They may just keep symptoms under control, and ...  Read Full »

I have hypothyroidism. I want to reduce weight. Please advise me the diet and exercises.

Query: Dear Doctor, I have hypothyroidism and I am on medicines for it. Also hysterectomy was done 3 years back. I want to reduce my weight now. Please advise appropriate diet and exercise for me. Age - 52 years/ female.Weight - 75kgs, height - 5'4".  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your weight gain may be partially due to hypothyroidism.You may start with brisk walking for 20 minutes daily and gradually increase it to 45 minutes daily. Please do not lift heavy weights at this age. This may cause more harm than benefit. Try oats, muesli, brown ...  Read Full »

I have postmenopausal vaginal discharge. Should I opt for a hysterectomy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 52 year old female, who weighs 75 kg and I am 152 cm tall. I want to know whether we should opt for hysterectomy or not. I do not want to do a hysterectomy, as it may interfere with hormonal balance later. I have postmenopausal vaginal discharge, with a fair amount of red spots. W...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). According to the reports, there is an increased thickening of the endometrium, which is the inner lining of the uterus. A thickness of more than 5 mm is considered abnormal and often consider...  Read Full »

My mom had hysterectomy for adenocarcinoma. Is radiation therapy compulsory?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother had complex endometrial hyperplasia for which surgery was fixed and last week, hysterectomy along with salpingo-oophorectomy and pelvic lymphonodectomy was done. After surgery, the parts were sent for histopathology. It was diagnosed as stage-2 endometrial adenocarcinoma. The...  Read Full »

Dr. Varadarajan Kumar

Medical Oncologist, Radiation Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It depends on the extent of disease within the myometrium and endocervical extent. For further queries consult a medical oncologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/medical-oncologist  Read Full »

Diagnosed with endometrial cancer and underwent hysterectomy. Please guide me.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 58 year old female. I am suffering from both blood pressure and diabetes. I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer and undergone hysterectomy. I have also attached my reports. Please guide me.  Read Full »

Dr. Yelamanchili Alekhya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had verified your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and I must say that you have undergone hysterectomy which is the best-known treatment for grade 2 endometrial cancer. I advise you to consult your doctor regularly even after surgery and do n...  Read Full »