Q. My 3-year-old kid has stomach ache, fever, cold and toothache. Kindly help.

Dr. Oliver Chiapco
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 03, 2021 and last reviewed on: Feb 05, 2021

My daughter is 3 years old and weighs about 12 kg. She is experiencing stomach ache, fever, cold, toothache, and sometimes cough (not all the time). Her stool is watery, but she only did her bowel movement once since this morning. What will we do? What medicine should I give? Please reply.

#

The stomach ache could be from the fact that she has a watery stool. This could be a sign of developing gastroenteritis. No specific medication here. Just make sure she takes small sips of water or Gatorade to keep her hydrated. Try to feel her abdomen in different areas, especially on the right lower quadrant/side. If she complains of severe pain, you need to take her to the doctor, which could be a sign of appendicitis.

I will avoid any cold medicines because of her young age. Blow or suction the nose as needed to get the mucus out.

For the toothache, she might have cavities that can cause sharp pain. If you see any, then a dentist visit is ideal.

You may give paracetamol for fever. But if the fever persists, then please see your doctor so she can get a full examination.

|