Q. How to get rid of stomach gurgling?

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 18, 2019

I am very depressed due to stomach gurgling noises at work, during the meeting, office training, etc. l have been facing this from my college. I am not able to concentrate on anything for the past four years. As soon I as I enter the office I feel very uncomfortable. During meeting while sitting in a small quiet room, I feel very stressed and wanted to break everything and run out. Please help me overcome this.

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Paediatrics Psychiatry
#

When you are saying stomach growling noises, you are probably referring to borborygmi. This is a normal process which happens to everybody when gas travels through the intestines. In some people, it can appear more prominent, especially if one is hungry or after meals. Are these noises, embarrassing you when it can be audible to others? Or are you referring to something else?

Borborygmi can be controlled by making some dietary changes. Avoid gassy foods. Avoid carbonated drinks. Drink some water intermittently, especially before you feel like having these sounds. But remember that these are normal and everyone has them from time to time. Are you feeling self-conscious and less confident about this? Are you worried about anything else? You can also try yoga and meditation to help you relax and manage stress. I hope this helps. You can contact again if any further advice is needed.