Q. What does positive strep test mean?

Answered by Dr. Shyam Kalyan N and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Strep Pharyngitis or Sore Throat? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: What does positive strep test mean?

I am 24 years old. I have had a sore throat every day for almost a month. I had antibiotics already, but it did not work. What could be wrong with me?

It is chronic and I have been more tired with this. Sometimes, I am getting a fever and belly pain. My laboratory test showed strep test positive. What to do now? Please help.