Q. What could lead to the development of dark lines on both the thighs?

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

I recently developed dark lines on both my thighs. What could these be and how to cure them?

#

Welcome to iclinq.com.

I want to know a few things:

1. Since when it appeared?
  2. History of any autoimmune disorder?
  3. Excess scratching and rubbing?
  4. History of weight gain or loss?
  5. Was steroid cream used in the past?
  6. History of fungal infection in the past?

Answer the questions for details.

The lines appeared at least a year ago. But, then, there was no scratching or rubbing. No weight loss because of it. Once I had a fungal infection, but it was above my thighs and not in the area where the lines occurred. After that, I used the anti-fungal cream once or twice.

#

It looks like an autoimmune disorder, lichen planus pigmentosus (internal cause or atopic).

My advice:

Consult your specialist doctor, talk to them and take medications with their consent.

1. Apply Tenovate (Clobetasol 0.5 %) cream at night for 15 days.
  2. Moisturize the area frequently with an intensive moisturizing cream or gentle moisturizing lotion.
  3. Use Cetrimide (Ketoconazole 2% and Cetrimide 0.5%) soap for the bath for one month.
  4. Tablet Antoxid HC (Beta carotene 30 mg, Zinc sulfate monohydrate 27.5 mg, Monohydrated selenium dioxide 0.2 mg, Manganese 2 mg, Copper 1 mg) once daily after dinner for 30 days.
  5. Tablet Limcee (Ascorbic acid) 500 mg daily after breakfast for 30 days.
  6. Apply Aziderm (Azelaic acid) 20 percent cream at night for one month.

Additionally,

1. Avoid scratching and rubbing the lesion.
  2. Wear loose, comfortable thin cotton clothes.
  3. Avoid friction.
  4. Get routine blood check-ups (complete blood count, urine routine, and blood sugar levels) done.
  5. Follow up with reports after a month.

|