Q. What are the ways to permanently treat recurrent stye?

Answered by Dr. Vaibhev Mittal and medically reviewed by Dr. Divya Banu M

Do you have a question on Stye or Chalazion? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I developed a stye around seven months ago in my right eye (lower lid). The stye took almost six months to get rid of, it is not fully gone and is still there. I used warm compresses but I thought this was quite a lengthy process. I have now developed a stye on my left eye (upper lid). The bump is swollen and formed a round ball. I have again tried warm compresses and it seems to be making it worse. I am now trying salt and warm water soaks. I have also been to the doctors and had blood tests, etc., and all came clear. I just need advice on what I need to do to get rid of this. I have been washing eyelashes daily.