Q. Please advise on the exceeded values of the blood report.

Answered by
Dr. Mashfika N Alam
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 19, 2018

Hello doctor,

I have attached the PFA and the blood test report of my wife who is 29 years of age. Can you please advice on the reasons and corrective measures to get the exceeded test values in control? Do I need to perform any follow-up tests? She has got the blood test profile checked just as a general checkup and not specific to any illness. We get it checked once every two years.



Welcome to

I have thoroughly gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and I understand that she did not have any symptoms, but you got the tests done just for the regular checkup. Out of these, there are some red flags which need to be further evaluated like the low iron and low values indicating an iron deficiency anemia. Also, the stimulating thyroid hormone is raised, but T3 and T4 are normal which could be subclinical hypothyroidism. For this, we need to see if there are any thyroid antibodies present. Please get the tests that I mention below done.

  1. Thyroid antibodies.
  2. Anti-TPO (thyroid peroxidase) antibodies.
  3. Anti-thyroglobulin antibodies.
  4. Ultrasound biliary tree.

Also, the raised ALP (Alkaline Phosphatase) needs to be looked at. Given that CRP (C-Reactive Protein Test) is raised it means there is an underlying disease process. It could be the subclinical hypothyroidism, or it could be something else. Sometimes autoimmune hypothyroidism can be associated with other conditions that can cause both anemia and a raised ALP. Please get the tests done so that we can promptly get to the bottom of this. Also, tell me if she has other symptoms like itching or fatigue, etc. Hope this helps.

For more information consult a family physician online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
I feel weak and lethargic off late. What should I do?

Your lipoprotein, hsCRP (high sensitivity C-reactive protein), and SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase) are mildly elevated and the reason for this is your wei...   Read full

My hemoglobin is 4 and iron is 7 with 1% saturation. Do I need blood transfusion?

Hello doctor, My platelet count was 974, hemoglobin was 4, sedimentation rate was > ... Your anemia should be treated with blood transfusion as this hemoglobin level is very ...   Read full

My blood report shows some abnormalities. How can they be corrected?

.. reports, I observe you have vitamin D deficiency, subclinical hypothyroidism, transaminitis, and reduced HDL. You are overweight. So, I would advise you to involve in physical exercises, brisk walking, and make dietary modifications. For diabetes...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Tomato Fever - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Tomato fever is an unidentified and fast-spreading type of viral infection seen in young children. Scroll down to know m...  Read more»
Histrionic Personality Disorder - Causes, Signs, Symptoms, Diagnosis and Treatment
Histrionic personality disorder causes variations in the thinking ability of a person. Read this article to know more.  Read more»
Nighttime Skin Routine for Clear Skin
A skin that gets all the attention during the day requires a chance to repair, rejuvenate and replenish from day damage ...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Family Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.