Subclinical Hypothyroidism

Why am I having problems with food digestion and lower abdominal pain?

Query: Hello doctor,I think I suffer from liver and a gastric problem for the past two years. Food is not digested properly. Lower abdomen left side some burning sensation, swelling, and pain were there. Sometimes, I feel the hardness in the lower left abdomen. Bilirubin total is high and bilirubin direct ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ana Karen Pulido

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your liver tests are normal. The small increase in indirect billirubin alone (as the one you have) most commonly corresponds to Gilbert syndrome, which is totally harmless. This syndrome is hereditary but has no serious consequences. Mild jaundice may appear under co...  Read Full »

My 2.5 months pregnant wife's TSH has reduced. Do we need to reduce Thyronorm dosage?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 2.5 months pregnant. She is 29 years old, weighs 46.2 kg and is 4.10 feet tall. She has subclinical hypothyroidism, and her TSH is 12.7. She takes Thyronorm 75 mcg. Recently, we tested her TSH, which was 10.5 and total thyroxine (T4) is 12.4 (reference value is 4.5 to 12). Do ...  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What dose was she taking Thyronorm (Levothyroxine) before? When was the dosage altered last? If the dosage was not reduced recently, that is, in the last 2 to 3 months, then the dose can be reduced to 62.5 mcg daily. Repeat testing would be needed after 4 to 8 weeks of...  Read Full »

My TSH level was 11.768 U/mL, do I have to start taking Synthroid again?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a thyroid test three years back, and my levels were 7.043 U/mL, so I was put on thyroid medication for hypothyroidism. After experiencing some side effects from the Synthroid drug, I discussed alternatives with an endocrinologist. He advised me to stop my medication and retest afte...  Read Full »

Dr. Swaraj S W

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Levothyroxine is one of the safest medicine with as good as no side effects. Earlier you had subclinical hypothyroidism. But, now it has progressed to overt hypothyroidism. You can still wait for another four weeks and repeat the test if it is more than 10 U/mL, you ...  Read Full »

What are the causes of high amylase levels?

Query: Hi doctor, My 50 years old mother's blood report showed the amylase levels to be high. The amylase level is 126, rheumatoid factor is 16, and TSH is 6.275. What do these values indicate? What are the causes for this? What is the treatment?  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. From what you have described, it appears that your mother has slightly high serum amylase levels, which could be mild pancreatitis due to high-fat diet or alcohol. You must see an internal medicine specialist for this condition. She also has a sl...  Read Full »

Could the high levels of TSH be a result of withdrawal from Hydrocodone?

Query: Hello doctor, I am currently taking only daily Vitamin with a fish oil omega 3 supplement. I am 5'6, 120 lbs, and 42 years old female. About a year ago I started having problems with my neck. After MRI, it was determined I had a degenerative disc at my C4 to C7. I opted for no surgery and decided t...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query and from what you have mentioned it appears that you have subclinical hypothyroidism. You do not need any treatment for that currently but you need to repeat your thyroid function tests after six weeks again just to be on the safe side. Yes, yo...  Read Full »

My TSH level is 5.440. Do I have thyroid problem?

Query: Hello doctor,My TSH level is 5.440, whereas T3 and T4 are normal, that is, 1.16 and 7.25, respectively. Do I have thyroid problem? If yes, what treatment should I take? I have diabetes for the last 30 years and taking Insulin 16 morning, 12 evening and one tablet morning and a half tablet of Metform...  Read Full »

Dr. Y Siva Roja

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your query. After reviewing your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity), if you do not have any symptoms of hypothyroidism like dry skin, hair loss, cold intolerance, weight gain, loss of appetite, or bradycardia, you can be diagnosed...  Read Full »

I have thyroid problem and weight gain problem. I want to lose my weight.

Query: Hello doctor,I have a thyroid problem and weight gain problem. I want to lose my weight. TSH is 7.63. I take Thyronorm 100 for last three years.  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a few things that you need to know. Your TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) is slightly high and therefore you have sub-clinical hypothyroidism and therefore there is no need to take any treatment. Your cholesterol is high. You must do diet and exercise...  Read Full »

Please advise on the exceeded values of the blood report.

Query: Hello doctor, I have attached the PFA and the blood test report of my wife who is 29 years of age. Can you please advice on the reasons and corrective measures to get the exceeded test values in control? Do I need to perform any follow-up tests? She has got the blood test profile checked just as a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have thoroughly gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and I understand that she did not have any symptoms, but you got the tests done just for the regular checkup. Out of these, there are some red flags which need to be further ...  Read Full »

What does my low AMH level indicate?

Query: Hi doctor, Last month on day 2 My TSH level was 4,9304 uIU/mL, free T4 was 102 ng/dL and prolactin was 30.63 ng/mL. My last six months menstrual cycle length were 34 days, 28 days, 28 days, 28 days, 36 days and 19 days respectively. My cycle statistics are as follows. Average cycle length 29 days, ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from hyperprolactinemia and borderline subclinical hypothyroidism. Both of which can cause delay in ovulation and hence irregularity in cycles. Ideally, menses between 23 to 35 days are considered normal as per definition. In your case, the concer...  Read Full »

Can you give me clarity regarding my annual medical report?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 43 year old male. I have an active lifestyle with a focus on my diet and daily health regimen. I do not have any significant medical history, except for high cholesterol levels. I want to boost my testosterone levels too, as I hardly have any libido. Unless absolutely warranted,...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your complete list of investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The following are my observations and suggestions: There is an increased cholesterol level, subclinical hypothyroidism, and raised hs-CRP (high-sensitivity C-reactive pr...  Read Full »