Q. Is there any treatment available for sunken eyes?

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute
Published on Aug 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 02, 2019

Helo doctor,

The area under my eyes has sunken over a period of time. It has caused a  dark circle to appear below my eyes. I read about 'enophthalmos', a possible cause of this. Is there any treatment available for it? Where should I start?

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

#

• I have seen the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your eyes do not seem to be sunken.
  • Do you use spectacles? Persons using spectacles may sometimes feel that their eyes are sunken. If you are still in doubt, you can consult an ophthalmologist. He can tell for sure. No drugs can be given unless the cause is identified.
  • For the dark circles, apply Melalite plus cream (a combination of Hydroquinone, Tretinoin, and Hydrocortisone) under the eyes.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

No, I do not use spectacles. I have tried a few creams for dark circles, but none of them have been effective. How can I get fat under my eyes back? I have heard about treatments like fillers or fat augmentation. The loss of fat in the under-eye area gave rise to dark circles and the sunken feeling. Is there a way to get it back or do I need to consult a dermatologist?

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

#

• Generally, I do not recommend fillers and fat augmentation for sunken eyes. You can consult a dermatologist and an ophthalmologist to get their opinion.
  • To get fat under your eyes, you should take a proper diet, get sound sleep and daily exercise.

My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full >>

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. Cervical length needs to be checked again at 24 weeks for further advice. In general, twin pregnancy has a tendency for preterm labor. Your focus right now should be on preventing preterm labor rather than normal delivery. For normal delivery to happen, you do not need t...  Read Full

Skin Rejuvenation

Article Overview: Most of us desire to have a youthful appearance, as greater physical attractiveness can have psychological benefits affecting a person's social interaction, job status, and personal image. In this article, I have discussed a few measures to maintain one's youthful appearance. Read Article

Cosmetologist

Aging is a continuous ongoing chronological process. It is genetically controlled and inevitable. The desire to maintain a youthful appearance and delay the changes of aging is becoming a common demand nowadays. The aging of facial skin is a genetically driven one. Basically, it is out of one's con...  Read Article

Is laser treatment safe for acne scars?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. For the last six months, I am facing mild to moderate acne, which has resulted in scarring. Please provide your opinion as to which cosmetic treatment should I opt. Though I have consulted a cosmetologist, I am a bit reluctant to go for these procedures due to its poten...  Read Full >>

Dr. Aditi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For acne, in your age group, it is always important to rule out PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome). To find that out, you need to tell me whether you have irregular periods. How many days does your period date shift from the expected date? Do you get any hair gro...  Read Full