Q. Is there any treatment available for sunken eyes?

Answered by
Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 02, 2019

Helo doctor,

The area under my eyes has sunken over a period of time. It has caused a  dark circle to appear below my eyes. I read about 'enophthalmos', a possible cause of this. Is there any treatment available for it? Where should I start?



Welcome to

  • I have seen the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your eyes do not seem to be sunken.
  • Do you use spectacles? Persons using spectacles may sometimes feel that their eyes are sunken. If you are still in doubt, you can consult an ophthalmologist. He can tell for sure. No drugs can be given unless the cause is identified.
  • For the dark circles, apply Melalite plus cream (a combination of Hydroquinone, Tretinoin, and Hydrocortisone) under the eyes.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online -->

Thank you doctor,

No, I do not use spectacles. I have tried a few creams for dark circles, but none of them have been effective. How can I get fat under my eyes back? I have heard about treatments like fillers or fat augmentation. The loss of fat in the under-eye area gave rise to dark circles and the sunken feeling. Is there a way to get it back or do I need to consult a dermatologist?



Welcome back to

  • Generally, I do not recommend fillers and fat augmentation for sunken eyes. You can consult a dermatologist and an ophthalmologist to get their opinion.
  • To get fat under your eyes, you should take a proper diet, get sound sleep and daily exercise.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Can I take Practin and Decdan to gain weight?

The right combination of healthy food, exercise, correct breathing, rest and sleep go a long way in healthy and happy life ...   Read full

Could my insomnia be due to increase in Zoloft dosage?

For the past few days, I have been experiencing severe insomnia and can rarely sleep for more than an hour at a time ... The increase of the dose of Zoloft (Sertrali...   Read full

Penis enlargement exercises led to swollen veins on my shaft. Please guide me.

.. seen the images sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). If there is a pain of veins, especially when you touch them, or any signs of inflammation, only then it is a thrombophlebitis of veins. In your case, it could be thromb...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Management of Coronasomnia
Coronasomnia refers to increased sleep problems among people during the COVID-19 pandemic. Read the below article to get...  Read more»
Balantidiasis - Causes, Signs and Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Balantidiasis is a rare bacterial infection caused by a parasite called Balantidium coli. Read the article below to know...  Read more»
JAK Inhibitors in Treating Rheumatoid Arthritis
Doctors mainly suggest JAK or Janus kinase inhibitors for patients with rheumatoid arthritis to ease their symptoms. Rea...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.