Q. Is it possible to insert GPRS chip inside ear?

Dr. Baidya Nath Majhi
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 09, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 10, 2019

Recently, I had an operation in left external auditory canal under general anesthesia. I am having doubt that some GPRS tracking system has been inserted during operation. Is it possible to insert GPRS or something like that inside ear? Please help me.

Dr. Baidya Nath Majhi

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

Yes, it is technically possible to implant a small GPRS (general packet radio service) chip in your post aural region. But, that type of device cost a lot.

I do not think that anyone can access to that type of device as shown in most of spy movies. So, do not worry. Nobody is going to track you. If still you have any doubt then you can do an x-ray of mastoid region to clarify it.

| 

Is surgery possible for cryptorchidism in a 25-year-old male?

Query: Hi doctor,My husband and I have been trying to have kids. He has cryptorchidism. He did some test already they said the undescended testes is better than the descended on and it has a good blood supply. Is the surgery still possible? He is 25 years old now. What are our chances of having a baby afte...  Read Full »

Grade 3 dislocation of ACL. Is surgery compulsory?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband dislocated his ACL. I would like to get his X-rays evaluated for a second opinion. He was diagnosed with grade III dislocation. Is surgery necessary based on the X-rays attached? What are the risks if he does not operate? How does non-operative treatment compare? How long d...  Read Full »