Surgical Excision

How is preauricular sinus infection treated?

Query: Hello doctor, My son has a preauricular sinus infection for almost 24 days now. He is taking antibiotics regularly, but the infection is still there. Pus is getting produced on a daily basis. Twice the doctor brought out pus through a syringe. He also made a cut to drain the pus, and then he made ...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A preauricular sinus is a tract that opens outside through a punctum and it is lined by epithelium. Imagine a very small tube lined by epithelium which produces skin over it and debris. With time the debris gets accumulated provides a nidus for bacterial growth and bec...  Read Full »

Is it possible to remove milia with a needle?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a noticeable milia spot on my cheek. My dermatologist said that she would extract, but it could leave a dented scar. I have read that it does not scar. I am very nervous and unhappy with this milia, which looks like a big whitehead. Will it be safe to get it extracted? I have panic...  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Milia are a white material containing papule type lesions that mainly presents over the face. Milia are due to sun exposure. Long term sunlight exposure cause sweating and mild sunlight reaction and in turn form milia. If you notice the area, then you will come to kn...  Read Full »

How will a 7 mm uterine fibroid impact my life?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old female, and today I went for an ultrasound scan of the abdomen, as advised by my family physician. My test report shows small hypoechoic lesion of 7 mm in the fundus myometrium. It is indicative of a fibroid, and my endometrial thickness is 7 mm. What is the meanin...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? If I may suggest, just forget the report, let me explain why. Fibroids or myomas are harmless masses in the uterus, which are hormone dependent. It keeps growing as long as you have estrogen, so once your hormones stop after menopause, it will ceas...  Read Full »

I have a painful nodule on my breast. What is it?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a nodule on my breast. It is present for more than two years. I feel pain on touching the nodule. I had an ultrasound of the breast nodule and attached the same for your reference.  Read Full »

Dr. Raghu

General Surgeon, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are worried, but based on the report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) it is quite clear that you have a benign lump known as fibroadenoma. It is a part of normal changes that occur in the breast with age. It can be observed as such as...  Read Full »

Got a bump on my lips. Is it due to body heat?

Query: Hello doctor, I got a bump on my lips before two weeks. It is not itching. Is it due to body heat? I have attached pictures. Also, I am having acne on face. Please review the pictures and guide me.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you talking about the white patches or red one (attachment removed to protect patient identity)? Please send few more photographs of the bump and also the acne. Also, please tell me the complaint in them like burning or pain. Revert back with the photos and details to...  Read Full »

Can meningioma be cured?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed with a 5 x 5 x 3 mm meningioma in the superior frontal gyrus towards the cranial vertex. I would like to know if this will kill me or shorten my life. I also want information about anything regarding this, for example, recurrence, regrowth, etc.  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Solanki

General Surgeon, Neuro Surgeon, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need not worry about meningioma. It is a benign and slow growing tumor. The present size is also very small. You only need to follow it up with serial scans every year. If it increases in size or causes symptoms, then only treatment is required for that. Thank you. Fo...  Read Full »

My mother has diarrhea, and her stomach is bloated and paining. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is not feeling well, and I am concerned about internal bleeding. This morning, she had a decreased appetite, foot swelling (right), and diarrhea. She has back pain along with pain and bloating in the abdomen. She just wants to go to bed. She also noticed some spotting in her underw...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Diarrhea, back pain, abdominal pain, and decreased appetite are most probably due to a colon cause, which could be an inflammatory bowel disease or diverticulosis. If these episodes keep coming, your mom will need a colonoscopy to confirm the diagnosis. As for the spot...  Read Full »

How to treat the painless swelling in vagina?

Query: Hi doctor, I have one-sided swelling near labia majora since one month. I am an unmarried 26 year old female. There is no pain or discharge. I tried warm compress and Candifem ointment for seven days, but there is no much improvement. I have attached photos for your reference.  Read Full »

Dr. Shalaka Joshi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and your history, this seems to be a Bartholin's cyst. It is swelling of the Bartholin gland situated in the labia majora. It is a benign condition. Though at present it is not painful, it might g...  Read Full »

How can I get rid of male breasts?

Query: Hello doctor, I wanna get rid of man boobs. What should I do? I do not even have time to go to the gym.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Once established these will require surgical excision. This can be done through the infra-areolar incision or liposuction. You can try to lose weight and go to the gym to improve your pectorals to see if that is acceptable to you. Otherwise, surgery is the only opti...  Read Full »

Which specialist would perform surgery of a galactocele?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife stopped breastfeeding our third child five months ago, after a lot of sucking difficulties and painful nipples. Because of that, her breasts plugged and did not empty properly. She has tried breast pump without any luck. She has now developed painful galactoceles on both her br...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A galactocele is a milk filled space inside the breast. Breast problems are common after childbirth in those women who had stopped breastfeeding or experienced sucking difficulties. Firstly, I hope you are sure that it is truly a galactocele and not any other ...  Read Full »