Q. Is it normal to have pain and tightness post hemorrhoidectomy?

Published on Jun 13, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I had hemorrhoidectomy before six weeks. I still feel some pain and tightness while sitting. Is this normal after six weeks? I think I have anal stenosis. Stool is difficult to pass even when soft. Always have to strain and never passes naturally. I know I have a hard scar tissue. Is it possible for this to lessen or soften over time? Can some of the tightness be a result of swelling? How do I know?

#

• No, this is not normal. Pain could be due to fissure and stenosis of the anal opening, but it needs a physical examination to confirm it.
  • I would suggest drinking lots of water, have fiber diet and chew the bolus properly to avoid constipation. You can also try any stool softener preparation like Isabgol, orange pills (dried), milk of magnesia to soften stool after consultation with your doctor.
  • Local application of either Nifedipine or Nitroglycerin ointment to relax the internal sphincter will be helpful.
  • Consult your physician to rule out the persistent anal stenosis, which could be the cause of your symptoms.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I am having symptom of piles. What has to be done further?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having a symptom of piles. Please advise what has to be done further.  Read Full >>

Dr. Abeer

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For piles, lifestyle changes need to be done to avoid constipation as it aggravates the pain of piles. Consume high fiber diet like oatmeal, vegetables, and fruits, husk powder in yogurt. Avoid constipation causing food like banana, rice. For treatment of piles, examina...  Read Full

How can anal fissure be treated?

Query: Hello doctor,Six months ago, I faced anal fissure problem, which resolved through diet and medicine. One month ago due to constipation, bleeding started during the passing of stool. Now one inner hemorrhoid has protruded about 0.3 inches in size in the anal area. This creates pain for six hours afte...  Read Full >>

Dr. Datta Ram Udayagiri
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You must be having a recurrent anal fissure (fissure-in-ano). You need to see a surgeon so that you are not missing anything else.For fissures, the following remedies work wonders: Sitz bath thrice a day for 15 minutes each time. Sitz bath means you should sit in...  Read Full

I am getting hemorrhoids at least twice a month. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am getting hemorrhoids often. Even this month, I got hemorrhoids twice. I would like to know, why is it so often for me? I do eat fruits every day, and I do not have constipation. I am 20 years old, and my weight is 59 kg. Thank you.  Read Full >>

Dr. Medhun Kumar
General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear your problem. The first thing is that I need to know a few more details about your problem. Are you getting hemorrhoids or something else? Because bleeding while passing stools are not due to hemorrhoids alone. And suppose, if you got hemorrhoids, then it ...  Read Full