Q. Is it normal to have pain and tightness post hemorrhoidectomy?

Answered by Dr. Sumit Srivastava and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Surgical Excision Of Hemorrhoids or Anal Fissure? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I had hemorrhoidectomy before six weeks. I still feel some pain and tightness while sitting. Is this normal after six weeks? I think I have anal stenosis. Stool is difficult to pass even when soft. Always have to strain and never passes naturally. I know I have a hard scar tissue. Is it possible for this to lessen or soften over time? Can some of the tightness be a result of swelling? How do I know?