Q. I am suffering from pain near my tail bone. What is the treatment?

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

I am facing severe pain near the tail bone, I use a computer daily, and I play badminton. I even applied gels but no use.

#

I have studied your case. Due to microtrauma, there may be fibrosis formation. Do hot fomentation over the sacrum. It will take weeks to months to subside. Use ring cushion and take sitz bath [sitting in lukewarm water for 10 minutes]. Take analgesic like Nucoxia 90 (Etoricoxib) once daily along with tablet Methylcobalamine 1500 mcg once daily consulting your doctor.

If not relieved with all these methods, then local injection may be required. You can take this consulting your doctor. Clinically spinal origin of pain needs to be ruled out if required MRI spine can be done. I hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries, then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

|