Q. I am suffering from pain near my tail bone. What is the treatment?

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I am facing severe pain near the tail bone, I use a computer daily, and I play badminton. I even applied gels but no use.

Dr. Vaibhav Ramesh Gandhi

Orthopedics And Traumatology

I have studied your case. Due to microtrauma, there may be fibrosis formation. Do hot fomentation over the sacrum. It will take weeks to months to subside. Use ring cushion and take sitz bath [sitting in lukewarm water for 10 minutes]. Take analgesic like Nucoxia 90 (Etoricoxib) once daily along with tablet Methylcobalamine 1500 mcg once daily consulting your doctor.

If not relieved with all these methods, then local injection may be required. You can take this consulting your doctor. Clinically spinal origin of pain needs to be ruled out if required MRI spine can be done. I hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries, then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Which tablet can be used to cure pinched nerve in the neck that is causing pain?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a pinched nerve in the neck. The neck spasm and pain. I have two sides cervical ribs taking ultrasound therapy and IFT for neck and cervical ribs but not of much help. Tell best drugs to release a pinched nerve in the neck. One salon guy twisted my neck in childhood and in a bus,...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be having an acute muscular spasm. So to reduce pain and inflammation, I would recommend tablet Flexura D twice daily for five days. Another drug helps a lot in cases of pinched nerves is a combination of Pregabalin and Methylcobalamine (tablet Mahagaba M OD) ...  Read Full

My son has stomach pains, which spreads to the rest of his body. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My 8 year old son began having pain on and around his bones about three weeks ago. It is mild in the morning and progressively gets worse into the night. The pain starts at the belly button and quickly moves to the ribs and throat. He felt like he was gagging and had tightness in th...  Read Full >>

Dr. Alon Seifan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Once you rule out major medical illness, I would consider childhood migraines in this case. Is there a family history of somebody who gets regular headaches? Migrating pain in neurology is usually diagnosable based on the duration. Seconds and minutes versus hours sometim...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now